New Launcher Released

iwCSA26.png

Launcher 4.0 Released

The new launcher is now live. All Windows users will be automatically migrated to the new application. Linux and Mac users should switch to the cross platform command line updater.

Change Log 4.0.18.0

• New / Change: Redesigned UI from scratch with a new theme and a focus on better usability, especially for new players.
  • New / Change: Launcher installation now uses a standard Windows installer to simplify setup.
  • New: Launcher now supports installation and launch of an Open Beta version of the mod during planned testing periods.
  • Change: Improved normal mod installation process to reduce the odds of a misconfigured installation.
  • Change: Altered how Steam installations are handled so 'integration' workaround is no longer used and install location limitations are lifted.
  • Change: Settings are now in an easy to discover tab and have been extended to support new features:
    • The 'Steam integration' setting has been replaced with a toggle for using the Steam Overlay. Requires a future MBII mod update to work.
    • Added a utilities section which can be used to quickly open the GameData folder, launcher logs, or view and copy basic system info.
    • Repair function has been split into file validation and cleanup of unknown files with explanations of each.
    • When available, settings can be used to toggle use of Open Beta or preferred MBII OpenJK renderer.
  • Change: Guides and other help links have been moved to their own tab with more links available. The links work the same way as news and can be updated without updating the entire launcher.
  • New: Added a Servers tab which can be used to browse available game servers with basic filtering options. Can also be used to launch the game and directly connect to a game server for convenience (also helps users experiencing trouble with the in-game server list).
  • Change: Launcher will now display when it has minimized the game and it is possible to restore the game window by clicking the play button.
  • Change: When the mod is run for the first time, the launcher will help apply default mod settings (such as class special binds) if the base game ran first. Ensures new players can play the game without needing to alter settings.
  • Fix: Several bugs and other issues with old launcher under certain conditions have been addressed. Should be more stable overall.
  • Fix: Launcher will not try to automatically redownload the game if the configured GameData location is no longer valid (e.g. Jedi Academy was deleted or moved somewhere else).
  • Remove: Linux and Mac versions are no longer supported. Users of those platforms should use the cross platform command line patcher.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
It's just not worth the time when the Mac install base will be constantly shrinking as Apple has moved to drop support for legacy applications such as JKA.

Minimize/Maximize Hotkeys setting doesn't accept Alt as a modifier (Shift and Ctrl seem fine.)

Make a future update: save launcher window in monitor where it was closed like in Windows or Steam. (If there are two and more) 🙏

Hello, thanks you for the development on this new launcher!

When starting it, 1 time out of 8 (roughly...) it will freeze on the "Movie Battles II" splash image, before the launcher actually shows up. To close it I have to open up task manager.

I attached the log file. (The first line in french means "The specified file isn't found")
Also very sad about the new graphic choice, white & black feels sadder than ever, but you will not read me I am too small !!! *uncontrolable laugh*

Attachments

• MBIILauncher_WPF_Crash_12_08_2022_02_22_16.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 127

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Hello, thanks you for the development on this new launcher!

When starting it, 1 time out of 8 (roughly...) it will freeze on the "Movie Battles II" splash image, before the launcher actually shows up. To close it I have to open up task manager.

I attached the log file. (The first line in french means "The specified file isn't found")
Also very sad about the new graphic choice, white & black feels sadder than ever, but you will not read me I am too small !!! *uncontrolable laugh*

Create a thread in support please so we can track this properly