New "Hardcore Duel" Mode

We should have a mode for "hardcore dueling," which would be the exact same as regular duel, but with the following changes;
  • Only yellow style
  • No BP
  • No force powers, except for jump
This mode would enforce PB'ing, and it wouldn't give everyone magic armor that makes their skin resistant to lightsabers. What do you all think?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
giphy.gif

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
With the current saber system, no BP wouldn't lead to more PBing - it would lead to a race to land the first blow. PBing combos is way too hard for that sort of thing to work in this build. (1.4 might have been more workable on the combo-blocking side, but instant counters would make almost any attack suicidal.)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
With the current saber system, no BP wouldn't lead to more PBing - it would lead to a race to land the first blow. PBing combos is way too hard for that sort of thing to work in this build. (1.4 might have been more workable on the combo-blocking side, but instant counters would make almost any attack suicidal.)

Would have been workable in 1.3, with the much larger PB zones and combo direction restrictions.

Said it once, I'll say it again, 1.3 was the last good patch we've had.

Would have been workable in 1.3, with the much larger PB zones and combo direction restrictions.

Said it once, I'll say it again, 1.3 was the last good patch we've had.

Since 1.4 was launched, you started to whine everytime about how shit each patch has been since that compared to 1.3 to a point that community has stopped taking you serious not only about your comments about 1.3, but about you overall, you should stop tbh.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
That would be horrible, no bp its just 1 hit kill. Rather to have only def 1

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Infraction: Do not engage in flaming.
Since 1.4 was launched, you started to whine everytime about how shit each patch has been since that compared to 1.3 to a point that community has stopped taking you serious not only about your comments about 1.3, but about you overall, you should stop tbh.

Oh hey look, it's my favorite EU fan. An ego infinitely larger than his ability with a lightsaber.

Yes, 1.3 was my favorite patch. After playing all of the patches ever released for MB2, it's still my favorite patch.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Just play with no saber defense and you have what you're describing.

I have an idea for a hardcore mode, now I know I'm new to the game and all but just hear me out alright?

We remove PB and replace it with more lightsaber swings instead.

Everyone, when I created this thread, I didn't know what I wanted.
But now, I have a better way for me to express this idea.
What I was trying to propose, was...

A gamemode extremely similar to Duel Mode, but instead of having the magical, lightsaber-repelling forcefield known as BP, we could use a new system that would determine how much damage someone is doing, and if they actually hit, and where, and does it matter if they hit where they did. I would love to hear your thoughts!