•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] MY LAUNCHER IS BROKEN!! Extremely Slow Download Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously im lookin foward to play this mod but the launcher dont allow it. My download speed is 0,06 MB/s its impossible to download.

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
Try to keep the launcher the frontmost application and move the mouse above. Tell me if it's keep the download speed high while doing that.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Without better server (which we cannot afford) there is nothing we can do. If there is more than 50+ people downloading simultaneously 3GB of data then well... it's slow.

Without better server (which we cannot afford) there is nothing we can do. If there is more than 50+ people downloading simultaneously 3GB of data then well... it's slow.
You "could" now this is a big air quote.
You "could" provide a torrent file, and just have that seeded. If it's only 3 gigs it shouldn't take that long to download if the seeds are above 10.
You won't to have pay to host it.

If you are familiar with the source mod "No more room in hell", they provided torrents for their mod because it was like 5 to 6 gigs, not sure how much now. But they saved a lot of money on server hosting by just having community members seed their download. They are on steam now and don't need to do that any more.

It's a shame there isn't a steam workshop for Jedi knight academy.

*(by the way check out blue fang solutions, they have dirt cheap servers)*

Last edited:
You "could" now this is a big air quote.
You "could" provide a torrent file, and just have that seeded. If it's only 3 gigs it shouldn't take that long to download if the seeds are above 10.
You won't to have pay to host it.

If you are familiar with the source mod "No more room in hell", they provided torrents for their mod because it was like 5 to 6 gigs, not sure how much now. But they saved a lot of money on server hosting by just having community members seed their download. They are on steam now and don't need to do that any more.

It's a shame there isn't a steam workshop for Jedi knight academy.

*(by the way check out blue fang solutions, they have dirt cheap servers)*
Now this would be great! I would seed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.