MovieBattles II V1.7.1 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.7.1 Update

General
  • Shuffle
    • Fix: Added sanity checks to help with player counts for each team being even for players being shuffled.
  • Fix: YT-1300/Falcon model missing files.
  • Fix: SBD animations not properly showing after a /vid_restart.
  • Fix: Default SBD not properly being used for hit detection server side.
  • Fix: Default SBD not properly being precached.
  • Fix: User info is now updated when server blocks an invalid model to prevent it from loading.
  • Fix: User info now no longer changes outside of roundstart.
  • Fix: Linux servers will no longer crash when the game is unloaded too close to the start of a round for example - a map change on round start.
  • Fix: Hitbox height is now correct when meditating.
Gameplay
  • Dodge:
    • Change: Now has a minimum distance (about 2-3x saber swing distance) to activate. Being too close to someone will not dodge any shots from them and will not drain dodge points for these shots.
    • Change: No longer always dodges if you have any amount of dodge points while also being less than the shot would drain
    • Change: Minimum required points required to dodge increased from 20 to 25
    • Change: Distance thresholds adjusted to decrease number of shots able to be dodged
    • Change: Head shots can no longer be dodged.
  • FP drains:
    • Overall adjustments to base FP drains. Mostly buffs aimed at blocking and/or close range saberists. In the following table, the drain values will be listed as minimum-maximum based on long-close distance:
      • WeaponRunning (before)Running (after)Blocking (before)Blocking (after)
        Bryar Pistol6-98-124-64-9
        Pistol 311-1713-208-1210-16
        E11 Primary6-99-154-66-14
        E11 Secondary8-118-115-85-10
        EE3 Primary8-119-155-86-14
        EE3 Sniper29-4329-4324-3624-36
        Clone Pistol6-97-114-64-9
        Westars6-97-114-64-9
        Clone Rifle6-96-94-64-8
        M5 Primary6-99-144-66-12
        M5 Sniper11-1711-1710-1410-14
        DLT10-1411-167-107-13
        DLT Burst10-147-107-105-9
        A28010-1411-167-107-13
        A280 Burst10-147-107-105-9
        T21 Primary17-2617-2212-1823-36
        T21 Secondary6-96-94-64-8
        SBD4-64-83-43-7
        Bowcaster10-1412-167-107-14
        Deka8-1110-135-85-8
        Wrist Laser17-2617-2612-1817-23
        Projectile Rifle40-7040-7040-5040-50
        Disruptor11-1714-2610-1411-17
    • Charged shots min-max FP drains smoothly scale with charge time.
    • With more of the FP drains now frontloaded, some modifiers need to be shifted down:
      • Swingblock FP drain multiplier for non-defense 3 builds reduced from 2.0x to 1.6x
      • Jumping FP drain multiplier reduced from 1.7x to 1.4.
  • Knockback:
    • Midair knockback vs swingblocking saberists increased (knockback reduction modifier lowered from 60% to 40%)
    • Tweaks to logic so that saberists should not be moved in the wrong direction in niche circumstances
  • Wookiee
    • Change: Reduced barge stagger duration vs crouched saberists.
    • Change: Slightly increased Bowcaster running accuracy whilst not moving backwards.
  • Force Lightning
    • Change: Reduced damage on two handed lightning from 2.0x to 1.3x to counter previous bugfix damage increase.
Misc
  • Windows Client:
    • Fix: Fixed a resource leak which with some system configurations could lead to a significant performance penalty.
  • FA
    • New: Added missileSound and altMissileSound to allow for custom missile loops.
User Interface
  • New / Change: Added separate UI Layout profiles that allow you to chose whether or not you want to see model or templates first in the class menu. Templates first is now the default config.
  • New: Added additional "Hybrid" UI Layout profile that uses 1.6 style main menus, but classic class selection menus. Any custom modded menus that want to use this style must set a ui_preset value of 1 in their layout config.
  • Change / Fix: Modified main class select menus to not swap back to default model list when switching between template, model, etc menus.
  • Change / Fix: Fixed chatbox 10 second option, added hidden option.
  • Fix: Changed ui_preset variable to default to 2. This was previously forced automatically later but should be further protection against any menu bugs due to incorrect configurations.
Maps
  • New: Taris Duel (mb2_duel_taris)
  • New: Duel World Between Worlds (mb2_duel_wbw) by Reepray
  • New: mb2_xmas_dotf, mb2_xmas_mustafar return!
  • Removed: mb2_undeadstar
Models
  • New: 40 new B1 Battledroid skins for Soldier and Commander. Made by Dragoan & Khornesyrup with sounds by Coolin.
  • New: 7 new Stormtrooper skins for Soldier and Commander.
  • New: Stellan Gios Saber Hilt.
  • New: Amban Phase-Pulse Blaster (FA only)
  • New: IB-94 Blaster Pistol (FA only)
  • New: Beskar Staff (FA only)
  • Change: Added Sentinel War Droid, Noghri, and classic Swamptrooper to Soldier.
  • Change: Added tan Imperial officer to Commander.
  • Change: Updated Westar Pistol model.
  • Change: Updated E-5 model by Dragoan & Khornesyrup.
  • Change: Updated A-280 Texture & Shader.
  • Fix: Fix LOD's on Clone Wars Obi-Wan model.
  • Fix: Fix part of the rotating barrel on the Z-6 not rotating. Thanks to community member Kitsu-Nesh'Kaa for this and the previous fix.
Legends
  • New: Nien Nunb (Nade support)
  • New: Din Djarin (The Mandalorian)
    • Note: Currently no model has been made for this model so it is using a placeholder.
  • New: Mandalore the Preserver (Repeating blaster and Vibro-blade)
  • New: Mister Bones (Agile Rebel Droid)
  • New: Bastila Shan (Support Jedi with Blinding and Armor Healing)
  • New: Ubese Warrior (T21 Fast Primary Fire + Vibro Double-Blade)
  • Class changes (Major changes listed, any unlisted were minor tweaks)
    • Change: Naboo Soldier given a brand new bull-pup blaster, the CR2. A high rate of fire suppression tool.
    • Change: Sith Trooper given a brand new heavy blaster, a slow firing high damage weapon.
    • Change: Jedi/Cultist changed from multi-life saberists to multi-life force whores with Dodge
    • Change: R2-D2 Fuel Regen removed and given Fuel 3
    • Change: Durge Heal 3 > 2, given Jetpack Overheat, HP 120 >125
    • Change: K2-S0 Pistol 3 > 2, HP 500 > 475
    • Change: BX Droid now a single life class with more HP/Armor
    • Change: Deka Hull 3 > 1
    • Change: Lobot given a baton weapon similar to Nien's
    • Change: Padme now has higher rates of fire
    • Change: Qui-Gon and Ahsoka given Dash (Alt Ability 1)
    • Change: Nihilus Force Sight 3 > 2, HP 500 > 475, FP regen slowed by 25%
    • Change: Luke now has Force Focus 3, Push 2 > 3
    • Change: Hondo now has force invulnerability
  • Fix: Roster Re-Organized
  • Fix: Minor discrepancies and errors with descriptions
Community Map Pack
  • New: Jedha map - created by PyroTechnics
  • New: Assault map reworked/optimized by Biggs and Frenzy, new First Order-themed FA by EXE Noob
  • New: Thrawn-themed FA for Fdepot created by EXE Noob
  • Change: Theed Streets FA updated with new features by EXE Noob
  • Change: Mountain Keep FA expanded with more abilities and characters by FrenzY
  • Change: Minor class balance tweaks made to Arena, Doomgiver and Endor
uMad? Map Pack
  • New: uM_Dojo_v2
  • New: uM_Bespin_Tournament - a duel tournament variant of Bespin
  • New: uM_Bespin_Xmas
    • Has a fun slide area (teleport located inside fireplace)
    • Ugnaught objective unlocks two areas to spawn Cloud Car (by swoops and at chill duel pad)
    • Other fun secrets added
  • Changed: uM_bespin
    • Replaced map song
    • Adjusted spawn locations
    • Removed the death trigger
    • FPS optimizations
    • Lighting adjustment
    • Added more NPCs into map (cloud car ugnaught objective, bartender, taun taun)
  • Change: uM_canyon - adjusted spawn locations and lighting
  • Change: uM_ns_streets - added the NPCs back into the map
  • Change: uM_taspir - adjusted spawn locations, lighting and adjusted texture alignment
  • Change: uM_colosseum - adjusted spawn locations
  • Change: uM_ctf FA has had minor balance tweaks to help balance classes classes further

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--MBII
mb2_cmp_assets.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets2.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_duel_malachor.pk3
mb2_pb_assets2.pk3
mb2_taris.pk3
mb2_um_assets.pk3
mb2_um_assets2.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets4.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3
zz_MBModels4.pk3
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
uii386.so
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited by a moderator:

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
1608658630838.png

1608658712916.png
1608658738634.png
1608658764496.png
1608658799817.png
1608659109755.png
1608659145574.png
1608659185320.png
OpenJK (MP) 12_22_2020 12_58_30 PM.png

Attachments

• 1608658732450.png
    1608658732450.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 1608658759592.png
    1608658759592.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 201
  • OpenJK (MP) 12_22_2020 12_58_30 PM.png
    OpenJK (MP) 12_22_2020 12_58_30 PM.png
    536.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 1608659957694.png
    1608659957694.png
    474.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 1608659976040.png
    1608659976040.png
    474.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 1608660039212.png
    1608660039212.png
    474.6 KB · Views: 193

Preston

Nerd
So after playing for a bit with the patch I got some thoughts. Overall the patch is fairly good but it went too far in places.

Dodge went to one extreme of being very broken last patch to being completely useless now in this patch. I like the changes of it not working at closer range, and HS not dodging, but the amount of shots that can be dodged was lowered to too small of a number to where it is useless and a waste of points. So now Sec nades are the new meta so we went from one cancer to the next. Best scenario would be to bring dodge to an inbetween state of this current patch and the last one, that way instead of it being stupid to pick a nade over dodge and vice versa they'd both be worth using and we'd see more diversity in composition overall.

FP drains are maybe okay I can't quite tell, I don't feel like they're terribly too much, but maybe they were slightly increased too much? I can't really tell but it's not terrible in most cases. I feel like it's similar to dodge in that maybe a middle ground between this patch and last for FP drains would be best as well. As I think the problem with Jedi isn't their FP drains but more so certain force powers such as push range.

Wookiee barge I haven't messed with since the patch but I tend to not think wook is OP so it's probably fine where it's at.

Lightning Change is great, very glad that was fixed as it was horrible before.

Then there's the bugs like silent walking and slapping SBD, supposedly dodge not working at all for snipers, and I may be missing a few more weird ones.

Overall decent patch but it just went a little too far in the places that got changed the most.

maren's got the dumbest fucking ideas but wookiee is incredibly boring and annoying to play against tbf. why not make the class revolve around the bowcaster more, with interesting options for bounce shots or multi-shot like the JK2 crossbow, or vibroblades like wookiee berserkers?

I love the FP changes but some are slightly overtuned like P3 and e11 to an extent, and honestly I've hated dodge for a long time but it's been slightly overnerfed. I would make it be able to dodge more shots/snipers at longer ranges so players can use it to close distance more effectively, but I love how dodge can't be used to ruin close-range gun fights now

Still waiting for the wook nerf, everyone know's it needs to happen sooner or later. besides that great dodge changes, the FP buff was nice as well.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
On a serious note:
Fixing dodge against snipers and increasing shots dodged at long-ultra long range (like the length of deathstar bridges to dotf main lengths) would make dodge 2 fair but still worth it (like 3 e11 bodyshots at deathstar bridge levels, and like a max of 5 down dotf main with dodge 2 sounds reasonable to me), and not make secnade spam a thing again (but I've addressed this in its own post).

FP drains might be slighly overtuned, but in my opinion, it's only a small issue, and only for a couple guns (p3 and maybe e11).

Wookie barge still looks kind of strong, considering it still staggers pretty hard vs red sith and those are the only close-quarters counter to rage wookie (I've also extensively asked for wookie to be less of a rage/melee-dependent class elsewhere since aiming takes more skill and should have a greater reward). Still far better than the initial wookie staggers of last patch tho.

This might also be a product of greater fp drains, but knockback feels WAY fairer for a gunner in a 1v1, so good job.

SBD drains were increased, but I'm still kind of unsure why I'd pick SBD over other classes since their kit is still kinda limited (slap, gun, different armors), and a lot of things that theoretically increase its build options (advanced targeting/radar) aren't really taken often in favor of more essential things like hull/recharge/armors/firepower. As it stands, it's definitely a step in the right direction, but I'd still be hard-pressed to name a thing SBD does better than any other imperial class. As a suppressive tool, deka with projector 3 and power management is still better, most humanoid gunners such as bounty hunter are better versus jedi, and against wookies SBD is just too slow to really have a good effect. In most 1v1s, SBD just doesn't really have a whole lot going for it. (Yes, I did play when SBDs were strong as fuck and there were usually 5 of them at least on imps, and no, I don't want that. I just want something where I can have my own role on a team and be the most useful in that specific role, instead of a dmg reduction battery-powered clone rifle, essentially.)

I'm looking forward to the crashing hotfix and the launcher update.

Preston

Nerd
On a serious note:
Fixing dodge against snipers and increasing shots dodged at long-ultra long range (like the length of deathstar bridges to dotf main lengths) would make dodge 2 fair but still worth it (like 3 e11 bodyshots at deathstar bridge levels, and like a max of 5 down dotf main with dodge 2 sounds reasonable to me), and not make secnade spam a thing again (but I've addressed this in its own post).

FP drains might be slighly overtuned, but in my opinion, it's only a small issue, and only for a couple guns (p3 and maybe e11).

Wookie barge still looks kind of strong, considering it still staggers pretty hard vs red sith and those are the only close-quarters counter to rage wookie (I've also extensively asked for wookie to be less of a rage/melee-dependent class elsewhere since aiming takes more skill and should have a greater reward). Still far better than the initial wookie staggers of last patch tho.

This might also be a product of greater fp drains, but knockback feels WAY fairer for a gunner in a 1v1, so good job.

SBD drains were increased, but I'm still kind of unsure why I'd pick SBD over other classes since their kit is still kinda limited (slap, gun, different armors), and a lot of things that theoretically increase its build options (advanced targeting/radar) aren't really taken often in favor of more essential things like hull/recharge/armors/firepower. As it stands, it's definitely a step in the right direction, but I'd still be hard-pressed to name a thing SBD does better than any other imperial class. As a suppressive tool, deka with projector 3 and power management is still better, most humanoid gunners such as bounty hunter are better versus jedi, and against wookies SBD is just too slow to really have a good effect. In most 1v1s, SBD just doesn't really have a whole lot going for it. (Yes, I did play when SBDs were strong as fuck and there were usually 5 of them at least on imps, and no, I don't want that. I just want something where I can have my own role on a team and be the most useful in that specific role, instead of a dmg reduction battery-powered clone rifle, essentially.)

I'm looking forward to the crashing hotfix and the launcher update.
Yeah SBD needs some major love still, practically the lowest fp drains of any gun, has a battery that is horrible unless you have level 3, making most sbds run the same build which leads to boring gameplay in both sides

Kodar

Internal Beta Team
Summary of the patch: Too far in important areas.

Certain guns did not need FP drain buffs, or barely any. See P3 and E11 for an example.
Certain guns that needed FP drain buffs did get them, but some didn't get nearly the buff they needed. See SBD.
In that regard, good job on addressing FP drains, but they severely need revisiting as this turned into an overnerf. An in-between should be sought on some of the more concerning weapons.

Dodge needed re-balancing, severely. However, instead of being the pseudo-godmode it was before, now it's just a waste of points. Granted, part of that is due to a bug regarding Proj/Ruptor since they currently cannot be dodged regardless of dodge level or distance, except for leg shots.

Testing with other weapons showed that it's still severely over-nerfed regarding the purpose of pushing easily held corridors.

That said, a revert is not the correct call for obvious reasons. Personally, I suggest focusing dodge on snipers, charge shots (see westars), and burst weapons (see dlt). Those are the most commonly abused type of tools for holding corridors with ease which is a severe problem with map design on most maps.

Whether that approach is taken or not, the current version is virtually useless compared to taking armor, a nade, etc.
In an ideal world, maps with severely defender-sided layouts wouldn't be an issue, but I understand that's a far more massive project than dodge balancing. In the meantime, a hefty focus by dodge on cheesy mechanics used to hold corridors should be taken.

Defense was already ezmode last patch. It just became L0Lezmode this patch. This applies to the overwhelming majority of maps in the game, unfortunately.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Summary of the patch: Too far in important areas.

Certain guns did not need FP drain buffs, or barely any. See P3 and E11 for an example.
Certain guns that needed FP drain buffs did get them, but some didn't get nearly the buff they needed. See SBD.
In that regard, good job on addressing FP drains, but they severely need revisiting as this turned into an overnerf. An in-between should be sought on some of the more concerning weapons.

Dodge needed re-balancing, severely. However, instead of being the pseudo-godmode it was before, now it's just a waste of points. Granted, part of that is due to a bug regarding Proj/Ruptor since they currently cannot be dodged regardless of dodge level or distance, except for leg shots.

Testing with other weapons showed that it's still severely over-nerfed regarding the purpose of pushing easily held corridors.

That said, a revert is not the correct call for obvious reasons. Personally, I suggest focusing dodge on snipers, charge shots (see westars), and burst weapons (see dlt). Those are the most commonly abused type of tools for holding corridors with ease which is a severe problem with map design on most maps.

Whether that approach is taken or not, the current version is virtually useless compared to taking armor, a nade, etc.
In an ideal world, maps with severely defender-sided layouts wouldn't be an issue, but I understand that's a far more massive project than dodge balancing. In the meantime, a hefty focus by dodge on cheesy mechanics used to hold corridors should be taken.

Defense was already ezmode last patch. It just became L0Lezmode this patch. This applies to the overwhelming majority of maps in the game, unfortunately.

Kodar's thesis on defense is painfully accurate. Before the god-tier dodge of last patch, defense was the easiest way to win. Recall the minutes of camping people did around crucial junctions or objectives, where a firing line of a mando with westars, a ruptor, and some e11s could suppress a corner for minutes at a time, not to mention multiple snipers being able to nigh-indefinitely hold corners.

Last patch, jedi, heroes, and ETs were the ones rushing with their ability to stay alive despite massed fire. With dodge nerf and FP drain buffs, rebs have very few classes able to rush junctions and corners and secure map control now.

Theoretically, Jedi and wookie are force immune, and thus have the best ability to capture territory on the map. However, wookie's current build is not well suited to pushing corners (bowcaster speed is slow and it is extremely squishy outside of rage) and Jedi's ability to rush is now gimped by the fact that they (deservedly) take lots of FP damage when rushing into groups of gunners. Hero is now no longer the strongest rebel class in pushing, and with a lower health pool, is now relegated to backline sniping and grenade support again. Rebels will, in the near future, desperately need some sort of pushing class that is able to run and gun despite sustained fire. Wookie used to fill that role, but now its ability to do so is much worse, and neither arc, clone, or hero can fill that role entirely. Please, let's not go back to the days of when campy play led to nearly unassailable defenses. Dodge last patch was cancerous, but a replacement, preferably in the form of a strong Wookie caster build, is sorely necessary to keep the rebel/imp balance equal.