Models

I understand that there are forums and skinpack mods that are posted for people to use and change their character models. But what about people who want to see an update on the regular base skin models? I was looking through JKHub and I've noticed that there are plenty models with excellent texture, detail, and better meshes used for both Sith, Jedi, Reb, and Imp skins that I think would be good replacements to some of the older outdated looking models. It's just an idea to try to get the devs to at least think about it for the next update. Im not trying to get rid of skinpacks or anything like that, just an update to the base character models.

Plus there's a couple of skinpacks I've seen for Jedi and Sith models you could use to add.

(Btw, maybe add a character customization screen like in base JKA?)

Last edited:
I understand that there are forums and skinpack mods that are posted for people to use and change their character models. But what about people who want to see an update on the regular base skin models? I was looking through JKHub and I've noticed that there are plenty models with excellent texture, detail, and better meshes used for both Sith, Jedi, Reb, and Imp skins that I think would be good replacements to some of the older outdated looking models. It's just an idea to try to get the devs to at least think about it for the next update. Im not trying to get rid of skinpacks or anything like that, just an update to the base character models.

Plus there's a couple of skinpacks I've seen for Jedi and Sith models you could use to add.

(Btw, maybe add a character customization screen like in base JKA?)

I imagine the whole create a jaden screen is probably broken due to the mod and would probably need work to be re-enabled.

I imagine the whole create a jaden screen is probably broken due to the mod and would probably need work to be re-enabled.

I suppose. But It wouldn't hurt too much to give player model updates though. There are many high quality models on JKHub I've seen, Including weapon models.

I suppose. But It wouldn't hurt too much to give player model updates though. There are many high quality models on JKHub I've seen, Including weapon models.

If there would be proper LODs for them, then why not. Otherwise it'll just murder performance.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
It depends on what models you think of exactly. There might be pretty much details that many people don't bother in a way of leaving the potential bugs or flaws of a model unnoticed. However, such can be seen in modview while ingame it doesn't really appear, (not from a distance so to say). Most of these are simply leaky or badly skeletoned. In worst scenario, it comes with error messages like too high polycounts, lack of LODs etc... what I'm pointing out is that just because somebody finds a good looking model, it doesn't mean it's a quality one.
Nowadays ported models are being made in production line yet most have issues. Not to mention the blender which in itself doesn't require expertise and won't make miracles just by using it. If you look at the big picture, it's pretty easy to tell if a model was broken. So the way of including models like "I've just found this one and it's cool" will hardly ever happen. Therefore it used to take time and examination to include any.
There are some models still in need of update yet there are no better ones out there (and nobody's willing to do it or they do something else, or nobody cares who knows). I'd personally go for the Jaden model customization though. But there will always be somebody missing something so it cannot be made for everyone. Therefore replacement packs are being made.

It depends on what models you think of exactly. There might be pretty much details that many people don't bother in a way of leaving the potential bugs or flaws of a model unnoticed. However, such can be seen in modview while ingame it doesn't really appear, (not from a distance so to say). Most of these are simply leaky or badly skeletoned. In worst scenario, it comes with error messages like too high polycounts, lack of LODs etc... what I'm pointing out is that just because somebody finds a good looking model, it doesn't mean it's a quality one.
Nowadays ported models are being made in production line yet most have issues. Not to mention the blender which in itself doesn't require expertise and won't make miracles just by using it. If you look at the big picture, it's pretty easy to tell if a model was broken. So the way of including models like "I've just found this one and it's cool" will hardly ever happen. Therefore it used to take time and examination to include any.
There are some models still in need of update yet there are no better ones out there (and nobody's willing to do it or they do something else, or nobody cares who knows). I'd personally go for the Jaden model customization though. But there will always be somebody missing something so it cannot be made for everyone. Therefore replacement packs are being made.

So basically it all comes down to performance of the game, I guess that makes sense. But there are weapon models out there that are already in MB2 that arent even used in open mode, such as the DC-15s Blaster Carbine. And theres a rifle model for clones in which I think doesnt match the clone (because it's not even a clone rifle, i dont have any idea what kinda model that is). If the player models can't be change then fine but atleast they could've made a better effort to fit weapon models to player models. (I'm the kinda person who likes to have a Star Wars game fit the theme the best to the smallest detail if no one has noticed yet..lol)

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Guns like the Clone Rifle vary based off of whatever you buy very heavily. CR3 no blobs gives you the minigun seen in the clone wars series. CR2 with no blobs gives you the rifle you see in Episode 2 (DC-15A). CR2 with blobs gives you the weapon you are talking about which is a modified DC-15A for the sake of indicating someone has blobs in mb2. We did fit weapon models to players the best we can while not impacting gameplay. If someone had a DC-15A without blobs, and with blobs, it would be hard to identify what you are fighting against. Other classes you know if theyre westars, proj, pistol, e-11, etc very easily and that is all by design.

However, our weapons are as limited, if not more limited than the player models are. Weapons have individual slots they have to be on, and there is only a set number of them. Most classes overwrite those weapon slots with whatever they can. The only time the weapons themselves have a model override on top of overwriting the weapon slots is when we need to either do so because someone bought an ability (ie blobs) or when that model does not impact identification (Kyle Bryar Pistol) of the weapon in hand.

Several gun models also have the problem player models have (LOD)

Guns like the Clone Rifle vary based off of whatever you buy very heavily. CR3 no blobs gives you the minigun seen in the clone wars series. CR2 with no blobs gives you the rifle you see in Episode 2 (DC-15A). CR2 with blobs gives you the weapon you are talking about which is a modified DC-15A for the sake of indicating someone has blobs in mb2. We did fit weapon models to players the best we can while not impacting gameplay. If someone had a DC-15A without blobs, and with blobs, it would be hard to identify what you are fighting against. Other classes you know if theyre westars, proj, pistol, e-11, etc very easily and that is all by design.

However, our weapons are as limited, if not more limited than the player models are. Weapons have individual slots they have to be on, and there is only a set number of them. Most classes overwrite those weapon slots with whatever they can. The only time the weapons themselves have a model override on top of overwriting the weapon slots is when we need to either do so because someone bought an ability (ie blobs) or when that model does not impact identification (Kyle Bryar Pistol) of the weapon in hand.

Several gun models also have the problem player models have (LOD)

Oh i see now. Yeah I get what you're saying now. Alot more technical than I thought it would be. Lol.