Model Replacement Help

T r i s t a n

Banned
Hello,
I am making this thread as a sort of last hope option as I myself am stumped... (I have no past model modification experience so what replacement knowledge I do have is self taught, therefor may be the hardest and stupidest possible route to take while trying to do modification. So I look to the mod wiz's here!)
So the problem I am having with character model replacement (I currently have quite a few models downloaded that I would like to make into MBII replacements... BUUuuuut...) is with when the model gives customization options for the player to create their own preferred version of the character, now this in itself is awesome and I love it for base Jedi Academy. But for MBII it makes for quite the complicated replacement, the reason for this is because inside the model pk3 file there are many different model files for different body parts and customization options I imagine. But when I proceed to do the regular replacement formula of replacing all of the names inside and such with the preferred base MBII model and of course the shaders. I also remember to of course pick the correct model image and rename it to the correct name as well. Now after I have done all of the renaming of the files and even deleted the ones that I didn't want as well as the shaders if there were any, I then load it into the MBII folder and log into the game.
But when I load the character the game crashes immediately, and when I open the class window they are invisible or a really smudged model. (I suspect this either to be to do with the shaders possibly conflicting? or perhaps the poly count is too high. I do not know.)

The models that I am trying to make replacements for are:

Clone Wars General Kenobi
Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker
Sith Eradicator

There are a few others, but these are my primary focus. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,
I am making this thread as a sort of last hope option as I myself am stumped... (I have no past model modification experience so what replacement knowledge I do have is self taught, therefor may be the hardest and stupidest possible route to take while trying to do modification. So I look to the mod wiz's here!)
So the problem I am having with character model replacement (I currently have quite a few models downloaded that I would like to make into MBII replacements... BUUuuuut...) is with when the model gives customization options for the player to create their own preferred version of the character, now this in itself is awesome and I love it for base Jedi Academy. But for MBII it makes for quite the complicated replacement, the reason for this is because inside the model pk3 file there are many different model files for different body parts and customization options I imagine. But when I proceed to do the regular replacement formula of replacing all of the names inside and such with the preferred base MBII model and of course the shaders. I also remember to of course pick the correct model image and rename it to the correct name as well. Now after I have done all of the renaming of the files and even deleted the ones that I didn't want as well as the shaders if there were any, I then load it into the MBII folder and log into the game.
But when I load the character the game crashes immediately, and when I open the class window they are invisible or a really smudged model. (I suspect this either to be to do with the shaders possibly conflicting? or perhaps the poly count is too high. I do not know.)

The models that I am trying to make replacements for are:

Clone Wars General Kenobi
Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker
Sith Eradicator

There are a few others, but these are my primary focus. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dear Tristan,
if your post is still up to day I can help you. You should try Model Replacement Guide.
If it does not work for your models, please contact me via discord or something else (Discord ID: Mathies#3431)