•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Mod won’t work no matter what

I tried all forms of installation for windows. When I use the launcher, the play button says I don’t have a file installed (a file I have installed located in the game data folder), when I use the manual archive, single player wont load because of an error: ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH ( strlen(textures/mb2_tutorial/ClassMenu_TutorialCfgHighlight_oldorder.jpg) = 65)
When I open multiplayer, I get to choose a lobby, load up, and then I get disconnected and the game freezes. So what do I do? I’m considering just giving up because I’ve been trying for 2 days and nothing has worked

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
When I use the launcher, the play button says I don’t have a file installed (a file I have installed located in the game data folder)
What does this mean? Screenshot please.

when I use the manual archive, single player wont load because of an error: ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH ( strlen(textures/mb2_tutorial/ClassMenu_TutorialCfgHighlight_oldorder.jpg) = 65)
Movie Battles 2 does not have single player. Please clarify. That error also means you don't have the latest download.

As Fluffy said, where did you install this? Please take a screenshot of you GameData folder.

What does this mean? Screenshot please.

Movie Battles 2 does not have single player. Please clarify. That error also means you don't have the latest download.

As Fluffy said, where did you install this? Please take a screenshot of you GameData folder.
I installed Jedi Academy, yes. And my mistake, I didn’t know it didn’t have single player. The game is Installed from steam onto my c drive, and I installed MBII into the game data folder, and I also don’t know where to install the latest update, if what I have isn’t the latest, then the links on the troubleshooting page are outdated

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
I installed Jedi Academy, yes. And my mistake, I didn’t know it didn’t have single player. The game is Installed from steam onto my c drive, and I installed MBII into the game data folder, and I also don’t know where to install the latest update, if what I have isn’t the latest, then the links on the troubleshooting page are outdated
There was a hotfix for the tutorial pk3 after the initial release. If you were using the launcher then you would have gotten it automatically. The full downloads were updated with it as well.

Again though, what is the issue with the launcher? What file is it saying is missing?

There was a hotfix for the tutorial pk3 after the initial release. If you were using the launcher then you would have gotten it automatically. The full downloads were updated with it as well.

Again though, what is the issue with the launcher? What file is it saying is missing?
Every time I clicked the play button, an error message popped up saying Openal32.dll was missing, even though it was in the game data folder. Also, I downloaded the launcher, followed all the listed steps, and still got the same error. Unless I was downloading an out of date version, I have no idea what could be wrong.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Every time I clicked the play button, an error message popped up saying Openal32.dll was missing, even though it was in the game data folder. Also, I downloaded the launcher, followed all the listed steps, and still got the same error. Unless I was downloading an out of date version, I have no idea what could be wrong.
This probably means your GameData path is incorrect in launcher settings. Please share a screenshot of those.

This probably means your GameData path is incorrect in launcher settings. Please share a screenshot of those.
I changed the path to game data in settings, and the game opens and I can select a server now. But every time I do, I get a few seconds to look around spectating before it freezes and kicks me to the start with the message “please start the game via launcher and keep it running”.

I am very new to modding games, so when I installed this and tried running it on single player it says theres and error MAX_QPATH something like that, and I have no idea what it means.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
I am very new to modding games, so when I installed this and tried running it on single player it says theres and error MAX_QPATH something like that, and I have no idea what it means.
The mod is multiplayer only.

As an aside, you should create your own support topic for your issues instead of hijacking another unrelated thread (from half a year ago no less...).