[MOD] Cassian/Jyn voice improvement

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Currently, Cassian's voice lines are (imo) somewhat poorly chosen, and have bad audio quality. Cassian's falling-down-a-pit noise is also completely ridiculous in a bad way.

Jyn's lines are from some other source that isn't the actual Rogue One movie and sound jarringly out-of-character.

So here's a sound pack that fixes those things.

[DOWNLOAD LINK]

Here's some vids showing the changes (not all lines are shown in these vids, but most of 'em are)

(Note: The death noise shown in the Cassian vids has since been updated for better sound quality.)

@Penekowski @MaceMadunusus whoever's in charge of this kind of thing, I petition you to put these sounds in the next version of MBII. Unless they fail some quality check, in which case tell me what it is, cuz from my perspective they're a vast improvement on the current sounds.

Upvote 0

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
i dont like jyns taunts but the rest are great

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
i dont like jyns taunts but the rest are great
Which ones don't you like?

For reference the "must be quite a surprise" and "I like to think he's dead" ones were chosen on the basis of being funny things to say after killing someone. I put them on the Gloat/Victory slot instead of the Taunt slot.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I only like you cant talk your way around this and rebllionsR BUILT on hope. Add in may the force be with you

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
peneke says.JPG

Lessen says.JPG

The only merit of the current Jyn lines is that they're cute little sound bytes with perfect sound quality. But they're waaaay out of character and super grating to me as a Rogue One fan.

Like the "The droid [wink wink] was wrong! [wink wink] YOUR chance for failure was ninety seven point six percent!!!!! [WINK WINK WINK]"

Immensely grating and out of character. Jyn Erso is a pretty gloomy character with an idealistic streak, not a dashing sassy hero.

@Penekowski pls

Last edited:

Scerendo

Steady Eddy
Movie Battles II Team
I'll make sure they are included for the next patch. It's a shame some of her lines from the trailer are cut such as 'this is a rebellion, I rebel' etc

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
In making this little line pack, I went through the whole movie and marked (and rated) any viable lines. Some other "viable" Jyn lines include:
"What is this?"
"I've never had the luxury of political opinions"
"He sacrificed himself for the rebellion"
"You might as well be a stormtrooper"
"The time to fight is now!"
"Run! Hide! Plead for mercy!"

So if either of you (Noob, Scerendo) want me to make any of those lines into taunts, I could do that.

@Noob does she ever say "May the force be with you" in the movie? I don't have it written down on my list. I googled, and she says "May the force be with us" in one of the trailers, tho I don't think it's in the movie.

(Random aside: I'm pleased with myself for making Jyn's last two pain noises "Cassian! No." and Cassian's last two pain noises "Jyn! No." Works well for Jyn/Cass team-up.)

Last edited: