y94ZsmN.png
vt5qV5F.png

MinimalismHUD [default chat]
MinimalismHUD [chat included]

- All bars now use simplified "modern" white version
- Round timer is now above the MainHUD, instead of on top of the screen
- Lagometer background has been made a little bit more transparent
- Voicechat background is transparent
- Single, dual and staff hilts are not present, ACM glow is instead represented by number of your actual ACM as much as it could (limited options)
- Weapon icons don't have any background or frames
- Radar background is transparent
- FPS indicator has been made smaller and green in the top right corner
- Body icons have been removed -haven't found any use for this, incase you want it reenabled, look into mb_hud_playerstatus.menu
- Class amounts such as rockets, tracker darts, poison darts, etc. are now placed above the Armor bar
- ACM numbers have pulsing effect, the more ACM the faster pulse
- Ability icons, such as flamethrower, that have been hidden under the actual weapon icon have been given readjustments to made them as visible as possible
- Scoreboard now uses lighter font, "Score" has been removed -found it pointless, small edits into your stats display at the bottom
- Chat uses lighter font, and is adjusted based on the HUD you pick (higher position if you choose vertical)
- Clicking on the HUDs in Alpha settings menu no longer requires you to click apply and then click HUD reload, instead it now forces the HUD right on click
- Spectator and Following text is now in light font, both are displayed on top of the screen instead of the bottom

Alpha HUDs have been made by MaceMadunusus, I simply bring you the ability to actually choose them. They come with the edits for ability icons. Simply remove the .shader file in shaders folder if you insist on using only the Alpha HUDs.

NEW HUD Modding - both a blessing and a curse
You can now create your required directories (ui, gfx, shaders, etc.) in the MBII folder and place your files there to adjust the UI mid-game, using +set fs_dirbeforepak "1" in the Command Line in the launcher. Simply change your .menu and then type cg_loadui into console. Any other changes require restart

As the new HUD is unfinished, and it probably will stay this way for a long time, many things are hardcoded. Although the *new* possibilities sound awesome, the hardcoded stuff is an actual pain in the ass.

acmglow - hardcoded position and size (currentweaponicon)
saberhilts - hardcoded position and size (currentweaponcion)
ability icons(such as flamethrower) - hardcoded position and size (currentweaponicon), and existence with background (WepMode)
No way of making the other thing on the sides of the HUD another style, = If ammo is circular, health points have to be circular as well
Can't add any new thing into the HUD, can only replace existing stuff
acmglow5 doesn't work
being gripped indicator doesn't work in any other hud than Classic
-------------
ACM icons and their actual ACM are as follow:
acmglow0 - 0
acmglow1 - 1
acmglow2 - 2
acmglow3 - 4
acmglow4 - 5
acmglow6 - 6
acmglow7 - 7
acmglow8 - 9
acmglow9 - 10 [ACM]

Textalign and aligns are responsible for making the HUD look like HUD when using stretched / no widescreen UI option
Rect is respnsible for the position and the size of the component, where
rect X Y W H
(X, W is horizontal position and size
Y, H is vertical position and size)

NEW: Style in frames
This is chosen by either 0 = horizontal, 1= vertical, 2= circular
It affects all the stats in the left / right HUD (left can be vertical, right can be horizontal)

// Main Frame
itemDef
{
name "frame"
forecolor 1 1 1 1
background "gfx/hud/..YourFrame"
rect -42 -25 165 80 // (these positions are relative to the initial position of the menu) // X pos, Y pos, char size, char height
style 0 // Determines whether Player Status HUD is Horizontal (0), Vertical (1), Circular (2)
align 3
textalignx 26
}

NEW: Bars
For example;
// Health Frame
itemDef
{
name "HealthFrame"
forecolor 1 1 1 1
background "gfx/hud/...YourBar"
rect 618 -2.5 -106 11
align 5
textalignx -157
}

// Health Bar
itemDef
{
name "HealthBar"
forecolor 1 1 1 1
background "gfx/hud/..YourBarFull"
rect 618 -2.5 -106 11
align 5
textalignx -157
}

Health Frame is the .tga graphic you've made for your health bar, only that it is with no actual bar and its alpha is 0.5 (Most fitting)
Health Bar is the actual bar with the stats, BarFull in my case, is a shader override to allow for the Bar to;
1) exist
2) have different color
3) have different alpha channel

NEW: Ticks
These are assigned automatically by the game based on the amount of stats. They can be seen in the Alpha HUDs, as I have removed them for MinimalismHUD
Ex.

// Main Health Tick
itemDef
{
name "HealthBarTickMain"
forecolor 0 0 0 1
background "gfx/hud/YourTickMainGfx"
rect 0 0 0.75 11
textalignx 20 // Separation interval
textaligny 250 // Max value for sub ticks to show.
textstyle 1 // Value of 1 for raw number separation, 0 for percent.
}

// Sub Health Tick
itemDef
{
name "HealthBarTickSub"
forecolor 0 0 0 1
background "gfx/hud/YourTickSubGfx"
}

Shaders are necessary to create horizontal or vertical bars, they are also a way to include ACM indications without forcing it to be on the saber style color. (For example, the Doom ACM counter (which can not even work in this version), without having to turn off tint in console)

My indications for the bar background and the actual bar for MinimalismHUD;
gfx/hud/YourBar
{
nopicmip
notc
{
map gfx/hud/YourBar
blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
rgbGen vertex
alphaGen const 0.5
}
}

gfx/hud/YourBarFull
{
nopicmip
notc
{
map gfx/hud/YourBar
}
}

map gfx/hud/modernhud/Bar to map the actual graphic that it will have to use, can also use "clampMap" to avoid potential duplication of textures
blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA serves for blending with other UI elements, I can't really explain it
alphaGen const 0.5 makes the alpha channel for the gfx be in 0.5, thus a bit transparent
By default in the BarFull, there'd be rgbGen vertex, which would be responsible for automatic color choose based on the stat (thus health points = red, armor = green). Removing it lets the texture be the same as you've chosen in your gfx .tga file.
To add different bar for each stat, simply create more of these relations with different names following the same pattern. By default, the HUD frames are also being colored into black. To stop this from happening, insert it as well in the shader file with no rgbGen vertex.

gfx/hud/YourHUD
{
nopicmip
notc
{
map gfx/hud/YourHUD
}
}

Incase you are wondering, I've done the ACM pulsing through this:

gfx/hud/modernhud/acm8
{
nopicmip
{
clampMap gfx/hud/modernhud/acm8
rgbGen vertex
alphaGen const 1
tcMod scale 1.0 1.0
tcMod stretch sin 1.0 0.25 0 1.5
}
}

gfx/hud/modernhud/acm0
{
nopicmip
{
clampMap gfx/hud/modernhud/acm0g
rgbGen vertex
alphaGen const 1
tcMod scale 1.0 1.0
}
}

gfx/hud/modernhud/acm3
{
nopicmip
{
clampMap gfx/hud/modernhud/acm3
rgbGen vertex
alphaGen const 1
tcMod scale 1.0 1.0
tcMod stretch sin 1.0 0.25 0 1
}
}

Acm 0 is static, while Acm 3 has pulse and acm 8 has faster pulse. It, as you could have noticed, stretches the image, from 1.0 default size by 0.25x extra size per frequency of 1. The more of the frequency, the faster the pulse
For adjustments to ability icons, although it's not good looking, but I haven't found any other alternative, I made the ability icon spin around the currentweaponicon. That's just to make sure it's not entirely hidden behind the weapon you're using. That was done through this;

gfx/hud/fthrower
{
nopicmip
{
clampMap gfx/hud/fthrower
rgbGen identity
alphaGen const 1
tcMod rotate 120
tcMod scale 1.0 1.0
tcMod stretch sin 1.0 0.2 0 0.5
}
}

clampMap to avoid duplication in corners
rgbGen identity functions the same as if there was no rgbGen defined
tcMod rotate 120, the bigger the number the faster the rotation around the center
tcMod stretch sin 1.0 0.2 0 0.5, increasing the size of the icon incase it has been made too small.

Discontinued version of "Duel Extended"
Aimed to bring the visual of Old Class Bar back, although still can not be used while using Simple HUD.
Nb182pU.jpeg

*the force bar is actually vertical, only for dueling

For now, I don't plan on making any updates or fixes to the mod anytime soon. Sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fang

Donator
Vertical is good. Can you make a centralized variant or what numbers would i mod to centralize them closer to player model?

Last edited:

Leo

Internal Beta Team
Vertical is good. Can you make a centralized variant or what numbers would i mod to centralize them closer to player model?
Original file now comes with its centralized variant as seen in the new screenshot. Tell me if you encounter any issues
I won't make centralized variant for Alpha HUDs anytime soon as that would require complete rework from me

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Really nice work, my compliments to the chef.
If I may make a few suggestion it would be to slightly change the color of the white bars and fonts on the bottom right for this UI version.
I think it is a bit hard to (at a quick glance) notice which bar is what.
1723403146321.png

The other thing I'd say is while this works great for duel mode, not having the team scores is a bit of a problem for Open. A minimalist variant for Open would be good, with the round timer and scores moved back centrally

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Internal Beta Team
Really nice work, my compliments to the chef.
If I may make a few suggestion it would be to slightly change the color of the white bars and fonts on the bottom right for this UI version.
I think it is a bit hard to (at a quick glance) notice which bar is what.
View attachment 8214
The other thing I'd say is while this works great for duel mode, not having the team scores is a bit of a problem for Open. A minimalist variant for Open would be good, with the round timer and scores moved back centrally
while I could change the color of the bars or change the font, I can not change the color of the force and the block points amount as they are dynamically changed based on the thing you're currently using (such as ammo, which is orange). I personally wouldn't like the combination of a yellow bar and a orange amount text. I could theoretically return to the default colors, so that the amount text and the bar are the same color while making the health bar and its amount green - as I dislike the fact that both BP and HP is red. But I honestly can not tell if the lime color for the hp amount would be readable, I tested bolder fonts before but it just didn't feel like an improvement. Most likely struggling simply due to no background.
I removed the team scores because they should be visible in scoreboard, I feel like it's not necessary to include that in the HUD if you can just click scoreboard once in three minutes to see the current results, I believe open players do that occassionally.
Feel free to provide any more feedback and I could get alternative version in

Leo

Internal Beta Team
To further improve player experience, you might want to redownload. Customizing HUDs has never been easier with this amount of presets.
Download the updated version either on the main post or
HERE

8bq4HJx.gif

The HUD options replace the inactive Voting tab. Applied automatically to Alpha UI layout.
*fixed weapon modes not showing

Last edited:

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
To further improve player experience, you might want to redownload. Customizing HUDs has never been easier with this amount of presets.
Download the updated version either on the main post or
HERE

8bq4HJx.gif

The HUD options replace the inactive Voting tab. Applied automatically to Alpha UI layout.
*fixed weapon modes not showing
Great work!

• Cool

Leo

Internal Beta Team
included download option without the chat
note: only one file should be in the MBII folder. Don't include both minimalismHUD and minimalismHUD_defaultchat

Leo

Internal Beta Team
Minor text edits (no I can not get rid of the : in the following text)

LSHyE3Q.png
2lIRQyc.png

->

jtRHhqS.png
9YWbhNy.png

->

Fang

Donator
Leo when I downloaded your newest non-chat variant and tried the HUD button it didnt seem to do anything. I removed the old version any particular ideas?
I've also noticed sometimes this bugs out the escape menu turning it non existant

This doesn't happen on chat included variant for me

Last edited:
  • Surprise

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Leo when I downloaded your newest non-chat variant and tried the HUD button it didnt seem to do anything. I removed the old version any particular ideas?
I've also noticed sometimes this bugs out the escape menu turning it non existant

This doesn't happen on chat included variant for me
Had this myself.

Launch the game, before you enter a server go to the settings and make sure you change the UI to 'Minimalism'; you'll then be able to change the HUD settings in-game.

Fang

Donator
Had this myself.

Launch the game, before you enter a server go to the settings and make sure you change the UI to 'Minimalism'; you'll then be able to change the HUD settings in-game.
this works temp solution ty agent

Fuse294

FA Contributor
Donator
Internal Beta Team
I absolutely love this hud and endorse it highly as a must try, this thread needs to be pinned.

• Love