Meesa proposen maxi-big fun

We know devs are busy trying to bring balance to the mod, but in the inter-rim, can we get some fun trinkets?

Vibroblades - So swords are fun. Maybe BH or Commando can get vibroblades. Would be totally fun.

Alien Classes - Only one group has ever really beaten the Empire. Ewok. We need:
• Ewok Class - With sticks and rocks.
• Gungan Class - With orbs and energy shields.
• Teras Kasi Class - Because melee is one of the most fun parts of the game, and we need a kung fu master.
• Geonosian Class - Dude. Flying with wings? A gun that shoots donut-shaped lasers? C'mon!
• Astromech Class - R2 has flame thrower, jetpack, and zap zap stuff. He is the fun.

Better Bounty Hunters - They hunt bounties, right? Know what helps find a target? Jedi/Sith wallhacks. (Plob down a scanner, and it has an AOE that when the BH is near, gives them sense 1-2-3 depending on how many points they put in it. Now Jedi aren't the only wallhackers! Yay!) While we're at it, what about cloaking? That was a thing in JKA. BH will be powerful sure but also fun - which is why we're here.

Better Lightsaber Stuff -
• 7 Saber Forms - You all know about the 7 saber forms. Let's bring that back. Have like Schii-Cho have really low blaster fp drains but get wrekt by saber/viborsword swings. Have Soresu be excellent at PB/Defensive play but terrible on the offense. There's so much you can do to tear Jedi apart so that they specialize in 1 field, instead of being a jack of all trades.
• 2 v 1's - In open saber fights aren't fun because everyone just goes for backwhacks. So in the interest of fun, let's remove BW/SW penalties and make swings to the back just do more BP damage. Since we're adding saber forms, maybe only Makashi or Juyo can do this since they're dueling forms? Sounds like fun complexity!

Better Force Stuff - Force Whores should be able to block blasterbolts with their hands, ala Vader. Just give them the same fp drain as if they had a saber. Because it looks badass, is easy to do, and would be awesome.

Slaughter them, like animals - I dunno about anyone else but I'd love a last man standing gamemode. Instead of teams everyone just picks a class/setup and fights until only 1 player is left. Could be fun and pretty easy to do tbh.

Also we need a Jar Jar sith model, because let's face it, Jar Jar is the key to all of this, okii-day?

Last edited:
Cloaking device could totally be made open viable either for a new class or as a gadget for existing ones. BHs already have a sort of wallhack in their tracking darts, for flavor i'd say every bounty hunter should get one (1) tracking dart for free, as for a scanner that is just cool and i like the idea of a placeable buff to you and your allies, dont really have anything like that currently in mb2. perhaps a shield generator that slowly gives everyone inside a regenning +10 armor or something, that could also be destroyed - or as you suggested a sort of scanner.

Vibroblades... don't we have enough people running around with melee only weapons in mb2? xD I think these would never be able to break away from their identity as lightsaber-lite's, as they'd be tied to the same system of lightsabers meaning they'd either end up broken or worthless compared to the real thing.

Aliens... Niche, but FA covers all of those except perhaps a Teras Kasi class, and if you've meleed some of the more proficient players around you'll see any class can be a teras kasi master.

No comment on lightsaber changes.

Vibroblades... don't we have enough people running around with melee only weapons in mb2? xD I think these would never be able to break away from their identity as lightsaber-lite's, as they'd be tied to the same system of lightsabers meaning they'd either end up broken or worthless compared to the real thing.
vibroblades could put alot more pressure to jedi mains in open,they would be forced to retreat or go for it if gunners and a vibroblade was attacking them,would be a good way to get the 'jedis are op' people to shut up

I didn't even think of shield generators. We really need a gadget class that uses all those fun things from Base JKA (wall shields, turrets, Imperial probe droids, etc)

I understand your concern on the balance aspect, but devs have spent the better part of a decade chasing balance with not-so-much emphasis on fun. It may be time for a patch dedicated to the later.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Not a fan of half of that (or think it would need to be implemented differently) but I'm all behind the philosophy - more new toys, less endless (re)balancing.

The number one thing that makes the game less fun for me is everything feeling the same (or worse - haven't used wook bowcaster since the nerf) with nothing really new mechanically to spice things up. I can't be the only one feeling that way. New toys = new reason to pickup and play again.

Of course that also has to be kept within reason to avoid messing up gameplay and design style, but I think there's still plenty of potential left.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
These are fun ideas. I have considered a lot of these concepts and want to say that I hope a few of them make their way to open at some point. Specifically force blaster blocking, back blocking, sensor abilities & Astromech.

These are fun ideas. I have considered a lot of these concepts and want to say that I hope a few of them make their way to open at some point. Specifically force blaster blocking, back blocking, sensor abilities & Astromech.

"You are muh kween. Now and always."

game-of-thrones-ending.png

Last edited:
Another suggestion is to bring back shotguns (fletchette was great). They were great anti jedi weapons and I feel open could use another anti Jedi option besides blob, insta det, sbd, and dash-p3.

Astromech class would sound fun.You'd get to fly around and set people on fire. Maybe shock them. Maybe you could do the objective or open doors faster.

Ewok should have a horn that boosts your teammates speed if they are near by

Tera kasi could expand on the melee combat

Gungans could have a shield and a spear as options.

Geonosian Class would be able to charge the sonic gun to knock people back

And vibro blades sound cool.