•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue MBII not working with Steam?

Hi!

With the release of the new star wars, I thought it'd be awesome to crack out my favorite SW mod again, however I'm running into an issue and the mod simply won't start or show up in the mod list. I've done literally everything in the steam archive install guide.

Custom Launch parameters: +set fs_game "MBII"

I've downloaded the latest ZIP file for the mod Star Wars: Movie Battles II v1.3.2 Full download

I've extracted the ZIP file in the GameData folder Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData

The folder is in game data, and it still won't launch.

Please help? :|

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Are you sure it's in GameData/MBII and it didn't extract to GameData/MBII/MBII or something?

Please post a screenshot of your GameData and MBII folder with path included.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The folder is in game data, and it still won't launch.
What do mean by that? What exactly happens?
Also try to launch game using MBII client: MBII Launcher => Settings => Run game using => MBII client, Play.
Or if you don't have Launcher: create shortcut for Jedi Academy\GameData\mbii.x86.exe, open its properties, add to end of command line:
Code:
+set fs_game mbii
Launch that shortcut.

Are you sure it's in GameData/MBII and it didn't extract to GameData/MBII/MBII or something?

Please post a screenshot of your GameData and MBII folder with path included.
Here is what my gamedata folder looks like right now
ss+(2016-01-23+at+04.20.30).png

What do mean by that? What exactly happens?
Also try to launch game using MBII client: MBII Launcher => Settings => Run game using => MBII client, Play.
Or if you don't have Launcher: create shortcut for Jedi Academy\GameData\mbii.x86.exe, open its properties, add to end of command line:
Code:
+set fs_game mbii
Launch that shortcut.
Sorry, should have clarified. It launches the normal multiplayer.

What is inside MBII folder?
What is inside MovieBattlesII_Full folder (you shouldn't have such folder, everything goes to MBII folder)?

You mean regular JA?
Have you tried MBII client?
For MBII folder, all there is is 2 files jampconfig.cfg & uix86.dll
For MovieBattlesII_Full, there is a folder called files, which has a bunch of other files: https://puu.sh/mHal5/53f6cdf0b4.png

Yeah I mean regular JA.
I have, in the past, and that didn't work either. (I followed the guide and no dice)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Okay, move everything that is in MobieBattlesII_Full to your GameData folder, overwriting everything that it prompts.