•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] MBII Launcher Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i recently bought game via steam and i have been trying to get this mod working with no luck...

I just downloaded the latest "1.3.2.1'' update with torrent and put the files into the gamedata of jedi academy folder then ran the launcher and it installed some files but when it is done installing the files it gave me error saying something like ''Special condition appeared with your program, if you click contuniu it will ignore the error and try to run if click exit, blablabla... At the bottom it also says path/allowence/permission to 'C:/Program files x86/steam/steamapps/common/jedi academy/gamedata/MBII_Launcher/init.dat' has been denied/refused' '' This is the error and if i press contuinue launcher is stuck at Status: Preparing for update

Sorry for taking your time and my bad english I tried to translate the error.

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Are you running the launcher as administrator? (Right click MBIILauncher.exe -> Run as administrator). Permission errors would point to that in my mind.

Yup, it is set to run as admin itself but i still tried to run as admin with right click but stil same proglem :/

PS: There is no problem with running launcher, the error only appears when ti is done installing the fiels and preparing to update.

PS2: I also had alot of trouble before this last update where my launcher would give .net fraework error right after i installed the launcher (I have all the .net required things) but i thought the error was with the connection issues of launcher so i waited for this new update but at least i dont get the .net errors anymore. ((Just incase this info would make difference''

Lervish

Donator
There is a folder called MBII_Launcher in your GameData folder. You could try deleting that folder and then running the launcher again. This should give the launcher a fresh start. If your torrent is properly installed (the folders and files from the torrent folder are inside GameData now), the launcher should then notice that your mod is already installed and let you launch the game.

Ah thanks! it fixed the error, im really new to this mod so i mgiht need a little help :) i clicked play and it launched the jedi academy mp but i dont feel any diffrence than the vanilla and also server list is empty.

Lervish

Donator
If you click Settings in the lower left corner of the launcher, is the "Steam Connection" setting enabled?

Lervish

Donator
What does your GameData folder look like? The contents of the torrent need to be put to GameData without the subfolder, so that the GameData folder would look something like:
- base folder
- MBII folder
- MBII_Launcher folder
- dlls and exes etc
In case it doesn't, you need to move all the contents of the torrented subfolder to GameData.

Status
Not open for further replies.