mb2_doft reskin.

Is there any reskin of the Doft map to make it look like some Imperial outpost, or Lunarbase?

I like how the map disposition of Dotf is, but I like more the ambient of Lunarbase, so kinda looking for a merge betwhen both.

And as usual, the game is full of Dotf servers but the textures and the music has become old after those years of playing.

Upvote 0

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
dotf is pretty, though!

I don't have anything to contribute to this thread besides that. It's a nice idea. I've never heard of anybody doing it, though, but I know it's possible. If it were done well, it would be kind of fun to have a 24/7 DOTF server that rotates between different skins.

Although at the same time, I'm a little dubious that it's possible to reskin the DOTF models into another style without sacrificing some consistency and quality. There are architectural features that probably don't make sense in another context at all.

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
The old Dracula castle reskin changed the atmosphere. I liked that one alot, though it made the gen room pillars solid so you couldn't see through them.

I'd love a dotf reskin with more subdued colors, blacks, greys... just less bright colors, more dark.

Although at the same time, I'm a little dubious that it's possible to reskin the DOTF models into another style without sacrificing some consistency and quality. There are architectural features that probably don't make sense in another context at all.
he's just talking about retextures, they've been done before
there was an old dracula's castle retexture that I really liked but I lost it ages ago, would like to find it again

this might be relevant to your interests (though I have no idea who made this because it's just been sitting in my bookmarks for awhile)
Dropbox - zzzz_dotf_textured.pk3

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
he's just talking about retextures, they've been done before
Didn't know they've been done before, but I did get that he's talking about retextures. I just think that retextures in general run a very high risk of losing some of the "consistency" of the original map, even if they do manage to evoke a totally different style pretty well.

I want the new DOTF map to be the norm, I never seen such a great map.
What new DOTF map?

Thanks all for the replyes, I'm gonna test what "takuta pls" linked and see how it looks. Honestly DOTF would look fresh and cool with new textures. The map display is very well done, it's like DE_Dust2 for Counter Strike.