MB2 - The Fall of Dueling (Video)

Fang

Donator
if red is actually god tier like v1 was i'd probably play it

rc prior and yellow only was so boring - the major key was it was footwork based

From what I remember,, the fast A swing doesn't count as a full single swing, so it does damage comparable to a combo'd swing, and doesn't build up a full ACM for landing it.
doesnt matter, it still interrupts and therefore makes most of the other half swings nullified

Karus

Donator
Though I agree the developers are unwilling to work with the community, I don't think Tempest's Saber Patch is that necessary in my opinion.

The current patch is far from perfect, but it could be much better if they changed just a couple of things.

- No parries with <10 bp (stops the run away and bait when you are zero bp meta)
- No insta-dfas (no more punishing face-hugging with attacks that literally do 75% of your bp)
- Add instant counters back (make it more intuitive and consistent to parry and counter your opponent, rather than the 1-2 swings that do it perfectly or that you need to yaw into oblivion)
Bruh moment

If we just delete lightsabers then we wouldn't have this problem. How have you guys not figured this out yet?

If we just delete lightsabers then we wouldn't have this problem. How have you guys not figured this out yet?
4head.jpg

I personally prefer a no-frills system that doesn't require mastering buggy mechanics to get the better of your opponent. I personally miss the pre V0 days of sabering. PBing was trickier to land so you couldn't just sit on duel servers and memorize the stupid 'zones' like you currently can. MBlocking required more timing, slap range wasn't as long, you could land combos and they would actually do something, combos weren't limited and messed up, you didn't have to memorize combos. You could just get in there and, with some decent foot work and combo work, you'd be a formidable match. There's so many variables to sabering now and the only people good at it are people that literally get walked through all the sabering metas by people that know better than them (or even designed the system). If no one tells you the saber metas, you will never figure it out, no matter how much you play because the system doesn't work in a logical way. It doesn't work at all how you would think it should work if you didn't know anything about it.

I think the system should be way more streamlined and easier to pick up, like the gun play.

None of you sabering NERDS will ever be happy one way or the other, might as well say screw it and simplify it.

Last edited:
I personally prefer a no-frills system that doesn't require mastering buggy mechanics to get the better of your opponent. I personally miss the pre V0 days of sabering. PBing was trickier to land so you couldn't just sit on duel servers and memorize the stupid 'zones' like you currently can. MBlocking was actually harder, slap range wasn't as long, you could land combos and they would actually do something, combos weren't limited and messed up. There's so many variables to sabering now and the only people good at it are people that literally get walked through all the sabering metas by people that know better than them. If no one tells you the saber metas, you will never figure it out, no matter how much you play because the system doesn't work in a logical way. It doesn't work at all how you would think it should work if you didn't know anything about it.

I think the system should be way more streamlined and easier to pick up, like the gun play.

None of you sabering NERDS will ever be happy one way or the other, might as well say screw it and simplify it.
no

ive gone back and tested this on all the old versions. This just simply isnt true, its more so the playerbase got better
Maybe, I just remember you had to time your mblocks, you couldn't just hold the anim, there was a window of effectiveness.

Mblocking was actually easier, you just had to press m1 and m2 when getting a pb
You still had to do it in the direction the swing was coming from. Also, there was a window of time where it would be active when actually doing the mblock. If you held it too long, it wouldn't do anything.

But I think it was easier because you didn't have to PB it.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
You still had to do it in the direction the swing was coming from. Also, there was a window of time where it would be active when actually doing the mblock. If you held it too long, it wouldn't do anything.

But I think it was easier because you didn't have to PB it.
If i remember correctly, you had to pb, but yeah timing used to matter more

Eazy E

Banned
If i remember correctly, you had to pb, but yeah timing used to matter more
MB did not require direction you are correct. However it took like a quarter of your BP everytime you tried it, so if the opponent was swingblocking you'd lose 25% of your total BP for 0 gain. If I remember correctly if you MBed someone while on 0 BP it caused you both to be disarmed (You would get 0 BP disarmed and they would get MBlocked) which was quite entertaining to say the least. Could also MBlock/PBlock DFAs back then.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
MB did not require direction you are correct. However it took like a quarter of your BP everytime you tried it, so if the opponent was swingblocking you'd lose 25% of your total BP for 0 gain. If I remember correctly if you MBed someone while on 0 BP it caused you both to be disarmed (You would get 0 BP disarmed and they would get MBlocked) which was quite entertaining to say the least. Could also MBlock/PBlock DFAs back then.
Yeah it was very punishing for failed mblocks, which was great

I did not give permission to use any of my memes in this video.
I will find you.
I will copyright strike you.
remove everything
melee only
ez

ur mum kied rekt lole

destroyud

dun taek mi liens jus cus i dun plae muc anymoare pls