•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] MB2 launcher works but...

There is no servers at all. i have played old mb2 when there was no fire grenades and other stuffs.
i have quit playing mb2 but now i have downloaded again, i wanna come back.
i have downloaded mb2 from torrent, copy pasted to gamedata and started the launcher, updated the game launched the game. there was only 1 empty server at all.(my rate is 25000 and i have selected true settings of server browser)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

Make sure Jedi Academy is patched to 1.01.
Download patch here:
Jedi Academy Patch (PC) - JKHub
or here:
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy: Patch 1.01 zum Download - 4Players.de
or here:
Patch 1.01 - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Downloads | GameWatcher

1. Open a server list
  2. Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
  3. Make a screenshot, post it here.
    You can see an example of such screenshot below.
And make sure you set "Source: internet" and "Type: all"...

2ee53c1d1be7.png

edi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs there is no log file. only cache

i have make sured i already downloaded 1.01, and also i have ja+. something is wrong with the mb2 files, server files i dont know.
and, i pasted the mb2 files to the jka base files just for 20 seconds, than i remind and stoped the thingy, is this may causes the problem ?

- - - Updated - - -

here is the ss

Attachments

• mb.png
    mb.png
    890.2 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
edi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs there is no log file. only cache
There SHOULD be logs in that folder, but you have to actually perform repair:
Wait till it complete!
i pasted the mb2 files to the jka base files just for 20 seconds
Probably you just downloaded wrong set of files, outdated or incomplete.
If you want to do a manual install, get files here: Download
WARNING: It needs to pick a server (right) pane, download 5 (FIVE) zip archives, and unpack them in proper order.
Downloading only one or two files IS NOT ENOUGH!

...But it's much better installing Movie Battles via Launcher. Easier and more reliable.

There SHOULD be logs in that folder, but you have to actually perform repair:
Wait till it complete!

Probably you just downloaded wrong set of files, outdated or incomplete.
If you want to do a manual install, get files here: Download
WARNING: It needs to pick a server (right) pane, download 5 (FIVE) zip archives, and unpack them in proper order.
Downloading only one or two files IS NOT ENOUGH!

...But it's much better installing Movie Battles via Launcher. Easier and more reliable.
i have downloaded from torrent. repair couldnt fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

i have redownloaded jka but still doesnt works.

- - - Updated - - -

now i have a log file.

INFO: Installation completed
Movie Battles II Log file Created on: 5/13/2017 12:22:15 AM
===================================================

Current Launcher's configuration
Installation type (Complete/Basic): COMPLETE
Installation folder: C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData\
Client: JAMP
Custom launch parameters:

Additional Informations
OS: WINDOWS Microsoft Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
INFO: Found version info file > 1.4.4
INFO: Launcher checks for new version
INFO: Launcher checks if MBII is installed > YES

k4far

Banned
Donator
Hey if I may have my 50 cents,

I faced similiar issue. After a new instalation my list of servers was empty. It was that time when I decided to install JA again but in a default Steam Directory doing everything manually (I was switching between the game engines to see whichever will suit me most).

Try changing game engine in launcher settings for example to "Movie Battles II", that fixed the problem right away for me.
Using launcher is good because You get to easily check the files integrity with in-built feature, You get to download new content early and more. Torrent is not reliable... unless you have some .md5 file and verify the size after the process is complete. Truthfully I have never downloaded a MB using a .torrent - regardless of that all files should be in .rar or .zip format and you should get some kind of error message whenever archive is broken it would be obvious if You just could not open it so if You run repair and You are still facing this problem for sure Jedi Academy files are the messed up ones.

Solution:
1. Delete Jedi Academy so if it is via GOG open the Library and uninstall. You might also want to look for leftovers in GOG folder.
2. Re-install it.
3. Download and apply Jedi Academy Patch 1.01: Link You will find it earlier here as @Puppytine was kind to point it for You.
4. Download: Direct Link - MBII Launcher - You just put it in the GameData folder and start and let it finish.
5. Once you are on the list of servers change "local" to "internet" and press that refresh button (it might not be obvious actually).

Hey if I may have my 50 cents,

I faced similiar issue. After a new instalation my list of servers was empty. It was that time when I decided to install JA again but in a default Steam Directory doing everything manually (I was switching between the game engines to see whichever will suit me most).

Try changing game engine in launcher settings for example to "Movie Battles II", that fixed the problem right away for me.
Using launcher is good because You get to easily check the files integrity with in-built feature, You get to download new content early and more. Torrent is not reliable... unless you have some .md5 file and verify the size after the process is complete. Truthfully I have never downloaded a MB using a .torrent - regardless of that all files should be in .rar or .zip format and you should get some kind of error message whenever archive is broken it would be obvious if You just could not open it so if You run repair and You are still facing this problem for sure Jedi Academy files are the messed up ones.

Solution:
1. Delete Jedi Academy so if it is via GOG open the Library and uninstall. You might also want to look for leftovers in GOG folder.
2. Re-install it.
3. Download and apply Jedi Academy Patch 1.01: Link You will find it earlier here as @Puppytine was kind to point it for You.
4. Download: Direct Link - MBII Launcher - You just put it in the GameData folder and start and let it finish.
5. Once you are on the list of servers change "local" to "internet" and press that refresh button (it might not be obvious actually).
i have already reinstalled jka, but now im gonna download mb2 as your way.
thanks for telling me 1.01 patch guyz i know you tring to help me but just mind it i have been playing this game for over 12 years.

probably and i hope torrent is wrong so the launcher download gonna fix. i will try

- - - Updated - - -

and i think maybe gog is not able to use with mb2 ?

k4far

Banned
Donator
Gog is officially distributing this game you can buy it and then download it from their servers, so it should not be some mistake on their end. In short, it is making no difference what is the source of your Jedi Academy if the files you are getting are consistent.

Follow steps, You will be good.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
i have downloaded from torrent. repair couldnt fix it.
As I have said, downloading a single file IS NOT ENOUGH! Doesn't matter is it from torrent or google drive.
You really, really must get all other .zip packages as well, and unpack them in proper order, starting from oldest to newest, overwriting files.
Please don't ignore any parts of my posts, if you wanna get support.

And I still insist that you should use the Launcher rather than manual installation.

Also, try this:
  1. Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
  2. Type:
    Code:
    /connect 164.132.54.66:29070
    Press Enter.
  3. Describe EXACTLY what happened after that; post screenshots or direct quotations of any error messages.
now i have a log file.
These are not the droidslogs we are looking for
Correct log is much bigger, it contains a lot of md5 hashes.
Please perform repair, wait till it complete (may take a lot of time!), and post a log.

btw, logs go under "spoiler" BB code.
2. Re-install it.
I doubt that reinstall of Jedi Academy is necessary if base JA works.
Applying a patch isn't necessary at all since I believe GOG version is already 1.01.
i hope torrent is wrong
Torrent is not wrong, but that single file is outdated.
By downloading a torrent file, you get MBII v1.4, but no servers 1.4 exist now.
After that, you have to manually download and unpack patch 1.4 to 1.4.1. But again, there are no 1.4.1 servers.
Then you repeat previous step, but for patch 1.4.1 to 1.4.2. Same result, 1.4.2 servers are in the past.
... in the end, it's required to download 4 (FOUR) patches for that torrent file. MBII will become 1.4.4, and server list will be full.

That's why I think MBII Launcher is way better.
and i think maybe gog is not able to use with mb2 ?
No, GOG is just fine.

Also, stop post multiple replies in the row.
If your message is last in the thread, use "Edit" button.

Last edited:
i just downloaded the mb2launcher and it worked.
torrent were wrong or not enough.

i was downloaded torrent and open the launcher to update, that was the problem.
now i just downloaded launcher and uploaded, it worked. thanks all of you.
im coming to mb2 after 4 years, i saw saber system and styles changed, i hope not much