MB2’s first competitive cross-region scrim match

ThEra

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Sandbox and aliit are proud to announce the first Cross-Region Competitive Open-mode 6v6 Scrim match between the active NA and EU scrimming communities!

The match will take place on the 7th of October 2023, 19.00 CET/13.00 EST

The aim of the match is to pit the best of the active NA scrimming community (captained by Sandy) against the best of the active EU scrimming community (captained by Onar) in an epic battle which will celebrate the high-level competitive aspect of the open mode of MB2!

The match will take place on the aliit pugs and Sandbox events servers in order for both teams to play a part of the match on a server where they will have good ping.

A livestream of the match will be made available for everyone to watch on
with expert commentary by FrenZ, accompanied by pundit Demon.

Don’t miss this epic showdown – see you on the 7th of October!

Amazing to see, what will be the win condition ? If best of 3 on which region the match takes place ? Also, do you switch side after each map ? How many rounds to complete a map ?
Lot of questions... I apologise haha

It's just so amazing to see it

I can't wait to get carried by the best players in EU... then claim Europe's superiority xoxo

ThEra

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Amazing to see, what will be the win condition ? If best of 3 on which region the match takes place ? Also, do you switch side after each map ? How many rounds to complete a map ?
Lot of questions... I apologise haha

It's just so amazing to see it

Its all good. I hope the following rules we agreed upon will answer your questions:

The Map Pool will be comprised of:
  • Lunarbase (mb2_lunarbase)
  • Echobase (mb2_echobase)
  • Telos (mb2_cmp_telos)
Right before the match, each team will ban one of the maps. A randomizer will be used to determine:
  • Which team gets to ban a map first,
  • Which team plays the first Leg at Home or Away. For each leg the Away Team Captain chooses which side (Rebels or Imperials) their team plays first.

Swapping Sides and Victory Condition:

For each leg, the teams will play until a team reaches 5 round-wins on a side, then the teams will swap sides and again play until one team reaches 5 round-wins on the new side. After both legs have been played, the team with the most total round-wins across both legs wins the match. If after both legs the score in round-wins is tied, the match will move to Overtime.

Overtime Rules:

Both teams reconnect to the starting server, play each side first-to-3, swap to the other server, and again play each side first-to-3. The team with the most Overtime-round-wins will win the match.

If the Overtime-score remains tied, the teams stay on their current server and play each-side-first-to-3 one final time, the victor of which will win the match.