Map changes

As you all know Mace has been changing a lot of things in maps recently some liked and some not. Much to the dismay of the mb2 community he has taken out catwalk and on deathstar has taken out the mando spots in the gen shaft. I want to start a poll in the community and see if we can get enough people to add these things back into the maps as well as a community poll of other map changes you guys would want. I don't know if Mace did all of this based off of the community or if he just did it because he hates "timewasters". As we all know camping in hangar is something that happens a lot on DoTF. So why take out catwalk just to add a giant ship? Just my opinion but I would love to hear others thoughts about the senseless map changes.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Community input is taken into account in several forms.

For existing maps especially, we actively listen to people and their feedback. DOTF's newest iteration features changes based on community feedback.

For maps in progress, we listen to our beta team and do our best to pay attention to major problems.

Deathstar changes greatly improved game quality in my book. In similar fashion the changes to Lunarbase were absolutely amazing. As a hardcore Lunarbase fanboy, I feel that most changes were for the better. A few new placements are a bit eh, but they can be looked at later.

At the end of the day devs are also community members. I can't stress this enough. So even our internal discussions are just as varied in opinion as the public forum discussions. We agree, disagree and agree to disagree on a daily basis.

TL;DR
By all means give us feedback and the clearer the consensus, the likelier it is that something will be changed as a result. I voted no, as I do believe that design by democracy does not give the best results. It is up to the artist/designer/programmer to take feedback into account and apply their expertise to create something good.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
How about electrifying pillars during the last minute (or so) of each round?

You can time waste even if the round isnt close to ending.

I voted no, as I do believe that design by democracy does not give the best results.

It is also a good way to slow development down to a crawl if I have to wait minimum one week for even the smallest change to be approved by the community. Especially when they've never played changes.

Community shouldn't have a vote in the matter. Imagine every player trying to reach a consensus. Nothing will get done.