Mandalorian EE3 unusable

The ee3 is outclassed in every possible way compared to all other fast shooting guns. Slow rate of fire, extremely inaccurate and low dmg. The sniper mode is abysmal as it can't even one shot a jedi but takes up an entire clip of ammo while the arc rifle sniper mode takes up very little ammo, can be spammed and does just as much dmg, one shotting almost anything on a head hit. This is not very balance, and makes going duel pistols required if you want to compete leaving mandalorian with only 1 weapon class.

1) Make EE-3 overheat less rapidly, retaining accuracy for a slightly longer period
2) Reduce the gun spread during overheat
3) Increase dmg of snipe mode

One or all of these changes would make ee-3 competitive again. What we have right now is a gimped weapon that has neither a reliable primary mode or sniper mode. In a 1v1 gun fight I can only think of pistol 1 being worse than a gun that starts not hitting where you aim after 2-3 seconds. Even that is maybe debatable since p1 retains perfect accuracy and is more reliable than ee-3.

Sniper mode is more or less in the same place damage wise. The only situation it offers an advantage is when the enemy does not know you're sniping at him, otherwise the risk of getting damaged back while trying to scratch players is generally not worth it, especially when the players are snipers. There is no incentive to even corner snipe approaching enemies, no incentive to snipe while retreating via jetpack etc. At least not in the manner that made manda great for the majority of mb2 until it was decided to be nerfed. Corner sniping could've been eradicated in a more delicate way than just outright nerf the class by nerfing its strongest offensive capability in my opinion for instance by making sniping in succession less spammable.

Fang

Donator
I hate halo reach bloom. If anything make it fire more shots accurately before bloom.

Also at least tad up sniper mode to not allow soldiers chest sponges.

Fang

Donator

Ok but no one is asking a simple question here. What could we change about the EE-3 if it we decide to actually buff it? The arguments are pretty solid on both sides and I would not be too opposed to a buff of the EE-3 (or nerf dual pistols lol).

From what I can see here there are only two paths to changing the gun: Buffing the stats or changing the firing mechanics.

1. The EE-3 already partly plays the role of being the one gun in the game that mimics modern game guns with the way the accuracy works. What if we increased the bolt travel speed so the gun feels more like a EA BF2 (Hiss! WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT HERE) gun. The EE-3 could be a prime newbie gun that would be used to help players understand the game's mechanics before worrying about the way guns fire, and the gun would gain a new role as the Mando's long range harassment gun.

2. Maybe we could make the gun's primary fire a triple burst shot? This would certainly give the gun a better identity, but we already have a 5 burst gun. Maybe we could increase the fire rate and lower the damage. The gun would be better at close range and the sniper shot of level 3 could be used to cover the long range weakness instead of just being the gun's peeking option.
I like the first suggestion, that's something I hadn't thought of because the sniper mode shoots faster than the primary mode already.

But on the halo 3 BR-style burst idea I used to agree heavily but now I think if that is to be implemented we would need to keep the primary fire as it is and make the burst mode the primary fire (unscoped shots) of the current sniper mode. As recently the unscoped primary fire of the sniper mode was changed to allow us to fire with it on. And even then, now I prefer another suggestion;

Which is to decrease the amount of ammo that the sniper fire of the EE3 uses per shot. I dont think at the moment it would be good to increase the fp drain or hp damage of the EE3, it would just throw the whole damage balance of the laser and the mando weapons out the window (assuming there even is balance lol). Decreasing the ammo cost seems like a more subtle change that allows more mistakes from the mando player with the sniper mode. Other guns in the game are clearly much stronger but not as versatile as the EE3, the ammo change ~to me~ feels like a buff to the EE3's versatility and not its buffness.

Last edited:
Yeah uh apparently this has already been discussed recently.

Yeah uh apparently this has already been discussed recently.

has anyone suggested to let EE3 shoot sniper rounds while unscoped in sniper mode? instead of these regular EE3 shots
it would be super badass

has anyone suggested to let EE3 shoot sniper rounds while unscoped in sniper mode? instead of these regular EE3 shots
it would be super badass
You can quickscope with the weapon already right now, just rightclick left click rightclick, its about the same thing if you stay in secondary firemode the whole time.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
The way I see it, is two things need to happen for Mando guns to sort themselves out:

1. Westar charge shot damage needs to just not be that high, since even after unbugging the damage it will still do more damage than a proj shot on full charge, which is borderline insane given headshot multipliers and hitbox size. Right now westars can function as a frontline gun for mandos (perfect accuracy, good damage), but since the charge shot is so good, people just sit in the back of a long hallway and use charge shots as pseudosnipers, which kinda derails the point of the gun.

2. EE3 accuracy needs to progress slower with movement states affecting how accuracy changes. Right now, EE3 mando is relegated to getting picks because of its poor accuracy which hinders it at range. With running shots, I'm okay with current inaccuracy. With walking and especially standing and crouching shots, the inaccuracy should increase at a much slower rate, maybe 0.8x and 0.5x respectively. This ensures that a mando whose position is good can still actively participate in fights (a la prefiring corners, suppressing an angle, draining Jedi) without fucking their accuracy up, but can't get caught out in the open without suffering consequences still.

Combining both of these changes makes westars a frontline weapon with some longer-range utility in charge shot, and EE3 a skirmish gun that can still take and win fights, rather than the answer to everything being "westar charge shots 131 damage haha cornerpeek onetaps".

Other "fun" but maybe less necessary things that might flesh out the gun changes: Buff EE3 sniper mode damage to 75, remove the extra 1.15x headshot multi (so HS damage remains the same, bodyshot damage increases); allow EE3 sniper to shoot accurately when walking/flying (more mobile sniper for less damage?)

Last edited:
The way I see it, is two things need to happen for Mando guns to sort themselves out:

1. Westar charge shot damage needs to just not be that high, since even after unbugging the damage it will still do more damage than a proj shot on full charge, which is borderline insane given headshot multipliers and hitbox size. Right now westars can function as a frontline gun for mandos (perfect accuracy, good damage), but since the charge shot is so good, people just sit in the back of a long hallway and use charge shots as pseudosnipers, which kinda derails the point of the gun.

2. EE3 accuracy needs to progress slower with movement states affecting how accuracy changes. Right now, EE3 mando is relegated to getting picks because of its poor accuracy which hinders it at range. With running shots, I'm okay with current inaccuracy. With walking and especially standing and crouching shots, the inaccuracy should increase at a much slower rate, maybe 0.8x and 0.5x respectively. This ensures that a mando whose position is good can still actively participate in fights (a la prefiring corners, suppressing an angle, draining Jedi) without fucking their accuracy up, but can't get caught out in the open without suffering consequences still.

Combining both of these changes makes westars a frontline weapon with some longer-range utility in charge shot, and EE3 a skirmish gun that can still take and win fights, rather than the answer to everything being "westar charge shots 131 damage haha cornerpeek onetaps".

Other "fun" but maybe less necessary things that might flesh out the gun changes: Buff EE3 sniper mode damage to 75, remove the extra 1.15x headshot multi (so HS damage remains the same, bodyshot damage increases); allow EE3 sniper to shoot accurately when walking/flying (more mobile sniper for less damage?)
if nobody aside from me thinks the p3 is too strong then why do people see a problem with the dual westars? clearly they're the strongest and easiest mando weapons to use, but if the p3 is intended to be as strong as it is then the westars are also intended to be as strong as they are.

pistols should be close range weapons but they have perfect accuracy while moving, the EE3 should be a sniper but the primary fire loses accuracy. am I the only one who sees an upside down model here? it would make even some sense that the p3 and dual westars do more hp damage and are more accurate than the EE3 at all times if the sniper mode of the EE3 was even as useful as the ARC soldier's sniper (less ammo cost, accuracy while moving, less delay between sniper shots), but it isn't, so it doesn't.