•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Mac launcher download link downloads the Linux Launcher

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
I confirm what say PuppyTime :
1. Mac launcher and Linux launcher are the same, and you should use the linux one.
2. This launcher is slightly different from the Windows version, so you can't use the windows one.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I also tried using this, but i can't find the location of Jedi Academy.
What do you mean?
What you was trying to find location of Jedi Academy for?
It should be in one of these directories:
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Applications/Jedi Academy
I tried using WineBottler to open the linux one but it didn't work, any ideas why?
Because it's Win32 + .NET/Mono application.
You must download and install Mono and open MBII Launcher with it, passing a path to Launcher as a command line parameter.
Please don't ignore installation guide. Read it and follow described steps precisely.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
And i should put JKJALaunch in the folder with the launcher, correct?
Mmm not sure, to be honest.
Just place to it "Application Support/Jedi Academy", and if it won't work, try folder where JA is.
The most important thing is that you have to select a path to Jedi Academy .app file in JKJALaunch settings, and provide startup parameters:
Code:
"+set fs_game MBII"

Well, i was asking because earlier when i tried to run it in the steamapps/common/jediacademy/ it said the current variant isn't supported.
Edit: Sorry for making this so long and complicated, i'm doing this on my friends mac, who knows even less about them then i do, and he's an apple fag.
Everyday i have to walk down my street to struggle with the instalation.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
who knows even less about them then i do
lol maybe it's me
Never own a Mac, never used it, not even once
Despite the fact I have no idea what I'm doing, I still post to Mac support threads, hoping it will be useful for somebody
Does it work for your friend now?

Anywhore, there is some further reading, maybe you'll get some valuable information from these threads. Check them out:
Technical Issue - Problems with getting mb2 to run with mac
[Guide] Mac Installation