•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Mac book can't connect (Mono/launch issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have downloaded the game but I have no servers on display, when I force connect through the console it tells me I am missing base asset pk3.

I have read the other guides, I have the launcher but it's not working, still no servers come up and I still can't connect. I really don't understand Mono or what it's supposed to do. I installed it and I can't find it anywhere on my computer.
Also I have found there are two Pk3 base assets, one base folder and another out of it, perhaps I need to get rid of one?

Last edited:

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Do you run the game through the launcher, launch parameters, or do you load it through the base game and then load the mod up?

In any case, until we can get an in-depth guide on creating a .app of the launcher using mono, I would suggest using the other method of installing and running MBII on mac.

[Guide] Installing Movie Battles II & Troubleshooting Guide | Movie Battles II Community

Guide for new installations of Movie Battles II on a Macintosh.
* Requires a physical copy of the Macintosh version of Jedi Academy, and can be purchased through the Mac store, as well as the Steam store.

1. Navigate to your home library folder, by using the "Go" menu of the Finder while pressing the "alt" key.
  2. Go to "Application Support".
  3. Then depending on the version of jka you use open the folder :
    • "Jedi Academy" : for Steam Version
    • "Jedi Academy MP" : for CD Version
    • "OpenJK" : for OpenJK version
  4. Select the folder MBII contained in Movie Battles II .zip file, and drag it in to the folder previously identified (at point 3). There must be ONLY an MBII folder with all the files. If you have a zip containing a patch don't replace the entire folder, but replace the content inside that MBII folder.
  5. There are several ways to run MBII on a Mac :
    • On earlier patches (1.01c/d), you can hold shift while running Jedi Academy MP and type in “+set fs_game MBII”
    • Alternately for the newer patch (1.01e) and steam version, Redsaurus has provided us with an application for Mac that launches straight to MBII, JKJALauncher.app (you can download that here or here). You will need to launch it the first time holding the shift key to configure it by adding "+set fs_game MBII" in its setup.
  6. Enjoy!

Do you run the game through the launcher, launch parameters, or do you load it through the base game and then load the mod up?

In any case, until we can get an in-depth guide on creating a .app of the launcher using mono, I would suggest using the other method of installing and running MBII on mac.

[Guide] Installing Movie Battles II & Troubleshooting Guide | Movie Battles II Community

I've done everything on the list, I launch the game through the launcher using =st_fs game "MBII" it launches it straight into the game but there are no servers and I can't connect to them when I use console either.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I've done everything on the list, I launch the game through the launcher using =st_fs game "MBII" it launches it straight into the game but there are no servers and I can't connect to them when I use console either.
And what exactly happens when you use a console to connect server? A screenshot would be nice.
ip of mb2 server to could be found here:
Movie Battles II Server List

Please provide screenshot of your "~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy", too.
If you don't know what "~" mean : it's your home folder, usually /Users/login_name
To go to that folder you can either click on the "Go" menu gf the finder while have alt key down
or open a terminal and type at the prompt :
Code:
open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy
(posted by @kikili)

Last edited:
And what exactly happens when you use a console to connect server? A screenshot would be nice.
ip of mb2 server to could be found here:
Movie Battles II Server List

Please provide screenshot of your "~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy", too.
If you don't know what "~" mean : it's your home folder, usually /Users/login_name
To go to that folder you can either click on the "Go" menu gf the finder while have alt key down
or open a terminal and type at the prompt :
Code:
open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy
(posted by @kikili)

My Application Support menu. The MB_Base assets.pk3 is in the base folder next to everything else.
Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 11.45.59.png

I downloaded the launcher, put it in Application Support Jedi Academy next to MBII and filled in the settings.
Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 11.48.03.png

Typing in multiple IP addresses would almost always lead to "you are missing MBII z_BaseAssets pk3" since I moved it into application support the errors now vary, often it says awaiting connection and (even if the server is empty) endlessly but usually the game just crashes.
Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 11.51.22.png

Just got a new error which told me my rate was too low 4000 needs to be 20000.

Helix

If you don't have it, then you aren't running MBII. Can you make a screenshot of your main menu, please?

Helix

Well uh, it's weird lol. That background image is unused for 2 or 3 versions. Your MBII version is really outdated for some reason.
This is how current main menu looks like.
upload_2016-1-4_17-53-14.png

What version is mentioned in changelog when you start MBII?

yeap I had the wrong version for some reason so I removed everything, then downloaded and installed 1.2.3 again now it's up to date and EVERYTHING WORKS :) thank you and everyone who helped me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.