•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue [Linux] client side *crash* r20

Since the new r20 there are certain maps that fail to properly load like mb2_deathstar/enclave. So what happens is, it will begin to load a small chunk in then crash to linux desktop. So I am gathering the mbii.i386 binary needs to be updated for this to properly load.

Just thought I'd let you know as there are some others migrating over to Linux and have had this issue.

Since the new r20 there are certain maps that fail to properly load like mb2_deathstar/enclave. So what happens is, it will begin to load a small chunk in then crash to linux desktop. So I am gathering the mbii.i386 binary needs to be updated for this to properly load.

Just thought I'd let you know as there are some others migrating over to Linux and have had this issue.
Yep I have migrated to Linux and I have faced the same issue. Whenever I try to join servers with the mb2_deathstar or mb2 duel doft map the whole game just crash, this is a significant issue since those are some of the more popular maps. I have been using Linux for some time and planned to come back to play MBII after my years long absence. I got a bit frustrated when I faced this issue, but still I won't switch back to Windows ever.

TeKilla

Donator
I'm having the same issue on Linux (Mint 22). The game crashes when trying to load on almost every server I've tested.

I'm attaching the crash log, hopefully it helps.

Attachments

• crash_log_2024-10-12_07-37-51.log
    2.7 KB · Views: 16