Lightning

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
Gunners literally cannot counter it. Its range is further than push. Sith can hold it for so long without draining their fp. If the sith jumps after you, you cannot get away even if you run. It kills full hp/armor heroes. Nerf pls

Fang

Donator
in a one on one finale of a round, the winner in a gunner vs sith would be the sith every time with Lightning 3 considering this game is 24/7 imps defend / time win. you dont even have to switch weapons, just block and use saber holding lightning and game end them. excluding wook with str 3.

inb4

“If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.”
Steinbeck

Last edited:
in a one on one finale of a round, the winner in a gunner vs sith would be the sith every time with Lightning 3 considering this game is 24/7 imps defend / time win. you dont even have to switch weapons, just block and use saber holding lightning and game end them. excluding wook with str 3.

inb4

“If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.”
Steinbeck

Master Fang... You disappoint me. Preston holds you in such high esteem.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
Most classes will outright lose against grip 3, too, in a 1 v 1 setting. A sith will outright lose against a gloan with blob or a trooper with insta-nade. Most every class in the game, sans Deka, Sith, and Mando, will outright lose to a rage wookiee. EVERY class without quick get-up can be chain-kata'd with no ability to break the chain.

All of those (blob, insta-nade, rage wooke, kata-chains, etc) are lame to go against. They're all unbalanced because the defender has no way to survive them. If we nerf lightning, we should also nerf every other non-counterable attack in the game. As a Jedi/Sith main I'll be happy not to ever have to worry about insta-nade and blob anymore!
The classes with powerful abilities have to actually perform well to kill though. The clone has to hit the blob, the gunner has to hit the sec nade, etc. Lightning is just holding F and gunners just giving up at this point

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Not to bring up a comparison to the effectiveness of other powers, but if we compare Lightning to Pull, I'll chose fighting a Lightning Sith 10 out of 10 times. Pull is really good at permanently disarming a gunner, and if you're trying to egress a bad situation, it removes your ability to do so completely. It's also a knockdown on top of that. Lightning does damage instead of a disarm + knockdown, but the catch is that with pull the sith will just follow up with a stab. It's way more effective and I want to believe I see more Pull Sith at the top of the leaderboard than Lightning Sith.

TL;DR: Lightning isn't the most lethal tool in a Sith's arsenal. Nerfing it won't necessarily nerf the class, or give you a better chance at survival.

With knockback being less broken now, I'd say with good aim most gunners (not me I suck lol) would rather literally just hold walk/crouch vs a pull sith cuz the counterplay is, well, hitting shots. With lightning, it really doesn't matter how many shots you hit; with drains as low as 7 a shot on running sith unless you have mobility abilities (i.e. dash or arc lunge) you're seriously fucked by lightning stun --> slash. Sure, pull's consequences in a 1v1 are worse (no gun vs has gun), but the ability takes skill to use and has a decent counter.