Lightning Stun

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Are we playing the same mod?

The stun ends immediately, and they can fire. It is literally useless in every way shape and form, unless you think a tiny amount of damage and a meaningless stun is useful.

I feel like none of you realize it was nerfed.

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Lightning 1 is useless, which is why I never use it. Lightning 2 is useful against bad gunners and team-fight scenarios, but useless against a skilled gunner. Lightning 3 is only strong in the form of a force whore, it's too expensive for use with a lightsaber.

Grip is useless outside of 1v1 situations, and useless against skilled gunners.

Sith/Jedi are only strong under 2 circumstances: 1) You have a really solid team and you're supporting, and 2) You're 1v1ing someone. In any other situation, Sith/Jedi are honestly quite terrible, and are shoe-horned into a weird playstyle. Actual saber skills are meaningless in open now.

Point being is: Jedi/Sith just need a rework. Most forcepowers need to be nerfed, some buffed, and saber vs gunner/saber just needs to be looked at.

The ultimate proof you have no idea of how to play mb2 at all. Just because you're terrible at jedi/sith doesn't mean class is supposed to be reworked to suit your wishes. I don't even know how to comment this gibberish. Lightning 1 is almost as good as lightning 2 in close combat, it needs no buff or nerf and it is in no way op or too weak. It's one of the most balanced force power actually (unlike grip which I agree is completely useless now due to recent nerf). The only gunner that stands literally no chance against lightning stun is soldier which makes sense since sold can have up to 3 lifes. Every other class has means to counter by either keeping a distance or quick strafe jump the moment sith is to engage with lightning. Equal speed of most classes allows them to dodge it easily.
I think the final conclusion here is that you need to play mb2 at least few years more before you make such absurdal judgments in regards of playing saberist in open mode. No wonder sith/jedi gets nerfed in every goddamn patch if mb2 team has beta testers of your sort that have no clue how to play the mod on the first place.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Lightning 1 is almost as good as lightning 2 in close combat, it needs no buff or nerf and it is in no way op or too weak. It's one of the most balanced force power actually (unlike grip which I agree is completely useless now due to recent nerf).

Lightning 1 is useless. It is less than a 1 second stun that allows the gunner to immediately fire after it expires. It does not give you ANY time to perform a swing.

So then tell me, what exactly is lightning 1 good for?

Its CC is useless, unless a momentary stun can save a teammate's life.

Its damage is meaningless.

Is there a hidden third benefit to having lightning that I'm not aware of?

The only gunner that stands literally no chance against lightning stun is soldier which makes sense since sold can have up to 3 lifes. Every other class has means to counter by either keeping a distance or quick strafe jump the moment sith is to engage with lightning. Equal speed of most classes allows them to dodge it easily.

Soldier stands a chance against lightning 1. He just has to shoot after.

And I already mentioned all of this.

I think the final conclusion here is that you need to play mb2 at least few years more before you make such absurdal judgments in regards of playing saberist in open mode. No wonder sith/jedi gets nerfed in every goddamn patch if mb2 team has beta testers of your sort that have no clue how to play the mod on the first place.

You claimed Jedi/Sith is overpowered, but now you're saying it shouldn't get nerfed every patch? I never said I wanted to buff, or nerf it. I said I wanted to rework it. That could mean anything from me turning it into a battledroid to painting it a fine shade of green, yet you're going to judge everything I've ever said off of this?

OwpAcVJ.gif

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Lightning 1 is useless. It is less than a 1 second stun that allows the gunner to immediately fire after it expires. It does not give you ANY time to perform a swing.

So then tell me, what exactly is lightning 1 good for?

Its CC is useless, unless a momentary stun can save a teammate's life.

Its damage is meaningless.

Is there a hidden third benefit to having lightning that I'm not aware of?

I already told you, but you seem to have a trouble with basic reading and understanding. Just because you can't make a good use of light 1 doesn't mean it's useless. It means your skills are trash and you just can't play the game. Lightning is the most important power of a Sith. On lvl 1 it gives around 0,5-1 sec stun which is more than enough time for any competent player to eliminate or scare away a gunner's opposition. And while light 1 is supposed to stun and make the gunner vulnerable for final hit, Light 2 is supposed to deal damage on distance without directly engaging in to finish off or stun him and let your gunners do the job by putting him on a plate.

And I already mentioned all of this.

At this point I'm starting to believe and be fairly convinced that you either never played mb2 or you're just a very bad troll. If you let a sold kill you as a Sith with lightning then you should immidetely uninstall this game. To think you're a beta tester is an insult to any actual competent player.

You claimed Jedi/Sith is overpowered, but now you're saying it shouldn't get nerfed every patch? I never said I wanted to buff, or nerf it. I said I wanted to rework it. That could mean anything from me turning it into a battledroid to painting it a fine shade of green, yet you're going to judge everything I've ever said off of this?

You still don't get it, do you? Dude resign from participating in beta tests, please.

Look at this from a few years perspective: mb2 team changed:
1. blue damage reduction
2. force power drains
3. deflect was completely reworked to help gunners
3. pull range was reduced
4. flinch was added
5. gunner perks of all saber stances were removed
6. grip was nerfed recently to the point it's completely useless (unless you pick lvl 3)

And further nerfs keep coming (thx to fail testers like you) but a good and skilled jedi/sith players will still have advantage over any other class in 1v1 combat as he has a damn bright glowstick that can protect him from incoming laser bullets so one mistake doesn't get him killed unlike it is with gunner classes. Not to mention you have automatically more time to think of strategy against that one opponent. However, as we all know open mode isn't all about 1v1 and happens only if you're the last man standing in most cases. It's team vs team match. So having a fair amount of jedi on rebs and sith on imps makes the game balanced, they are purely support classes but their overall capabilities i.e lightsaber and diverse force powers make them superb in 1v1. It always was and will be like that in this regard. They would need to take lightsabers away to change it. Otherwise it ain't gonna happen no matter how many nerfs or reworks you propose (unless you come up with a "brilliant" ideas such as 100fp per shot).
Your reasoning is that you basically wish jedi/sith to be completely irrelevant or gone. Well, try another game if you don't want them because as far as I know it's still Star Wars.
Such gifs aren't also helping your case dude. Stop behaving like 13 y/o and embarrasing yourself even more, you just say nonsense.

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
At this point you're just screaming ad hominems, and I'm convinced you're just an idiot. I don't know who you are, but I think you're egotistical and deluded. I have literally never once suggested nerfing Jedi/Sith, yet you seem to think that I want to. You have no idea who I am, or what I want.

You're nonsensical, deranged, and your entire statement has been meaningless to me. Go learn how lightning 1 works, because it certainly isn't 'good', and I do not care how many terrible gunners you've killed with it.

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
At this point you're just screaming ad hominems

Where, exactly?

you're just an idiot.
Because all I see is that you do exactly that. But it's understandable if you can't defend your arguments. It's ok.

You're nonsensical, deranged, and your entire statement has been meaningless to me. Go learn how lightning 1 works, because it certainly isn't 'good', and I do not care how many terrible gunners you've killed with it.

Nice comeback mate. 10/10. Yes dude, I'm totally going to 'learn' how the lightning 1 works after playing this for 10+ years becuase a guy who claims that sold > sith is telling me to do so. /facepalm.
And for the future, get some practice, play the game at least 2-3 years and learn basics before you make an application for beta testing because you don't have a slightlest idea of how it works. You're just a typical arrogant imbecil.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Where, exactly?

Do you read what you post?

Because all I see is that you do exactly that. But it's understandable if you can't defend your arguments. It's ok.

You mean what I've been doing? You've literally attempted to defend your posts through saying I don't know what I'm talking about, yet you've failed to demonstrate or explain this astonishing lightning 1 tech properly.

Nice comeback mate. 10/10. Yes dude, I'm totally going to 'learn' how the lightning 1 works after playing this for 10+ years becuase a guy who claims that sold > sith is telling me to do so. /facepalm.

QLomV_s-200x150.gif

I never said that Soldier was better than Sith?

And for the future, get some practice, play the game at least 2-3 years and learn basics before you make an application for beta testing because you don't have a slightlest idea of how it works. You're just a typical arrogant imbecil.

3be.jpg

I feel like English isn't your first, second, or even third language. So there may be a communication error here, but you have no idea what my skill set is, or what my knowledge is of. I MAIN Jedi/Sith, and I'm well above average with it. I know how lightning 1 works, as I've had many conversations about it with the dev who implemented it. I don't know who you are, and I frankly couldn't give half an imaginary shit, but I do know that you're wrong, and you're wrong with confidence. Now go put your tinfoil hat back on and keep thinking I want to take away your Jedi/Sith.

Last edited:

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Do you read what you post?

Do you? Because you're the one who started with insults.

You mean what I've been doing? You've literally attempted to defend your posts through saying I don't know what I'm talking about, yet you've failed to demonstrate or explain this astonishing lightning 1 tech properly.

What? Unlike you I presented arguments behind how the lightning works and how it is beneficial while you called me an 'idiot' in response. So, you okay? All you basically said about lightning is that it's useless and that all other force powers need complete rework too. Nothing more. You failed miserably.

I never said that Soldier was better than Sith?
No?

You implied otherwise.

I feel like English isn't you first, second, or even third language. So there may be a communication error here, but you have no idea what my skill set is, or what my knowledge is of. I MAIN Jedi/Sith, and I'm well above average with it. I know how lightning 1 works, as I've had many conversations about it with the dev who implemented it. I don't know who you are, and I frankly couldn't give half an imaginary shit, but I do know that you're wrong, and you're wrong with confidence. Now go put your tinfoil hat back on and keep thinking I want to take away your Jedi/Sith.

Correct. It's not.
Anyway, you could have conversations with aliens from the other planet and that still wouldn't impress me. The lightning mechanics are simple. No rocket science here. It works and it stuns for the perfect amount of time yet you claim otherwise. We won't find an agreement there. If your main is Jedi/Sith and you avoid using lightning then perhaps it's time to main something else? Since you can't get the full potential out of this class. And my only concern really is that you, with your internal feedback might have an impact on further changes and possible nerfs or unnecessery buffs to this class so I'm scared what other tweaks might come in next patch.

Keep the gifs coming. Adds to your maturity.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Do you? Because you're the one who started with insults.

I absolutely did not.

What? Unlike you I presented arguments behind how the lightning works and how it is beneficial while you called me an 'idiot' in response. So, you okay? All you basically said about lightning is that it's useless and that all other force powers need complete rework too. Nothing more. You failed miserably.

You barely presented anything refuting my statements.

And while light 1 is supposed to stun and make the gunner vulnerable for final hit, Light 2 is supposed to deal damage on distance without directly engaging in to finish off or stun him and let your gunners do the job by putting him on a plate.

This is what you said, and it is inaccurate. You can't even get a guaranteed blue swing on a gunner after a lightning 1 hit before he can immediately fire again. He can fire almost instantly after the lightning ends, which is NOT enough for a swing. Ontop of that, it entirely disables your ability to push/pull the gunner for quite some time, so if it is any other class other than Soldier, you can't hit him regardless. Lightning 1 is *useless*.

That's correct. No.

You implied otherwise.

Soldier standing a chance against lightning 1 = Soldier better than Sith? Are you high?

Correct. It's not.
Anyway, you could have conversations with aliens from the other planet and that still wouldn't impress me. The lightning mechanics are simple. No rocket science here. It works and it stuns for the perfect amount of time yet you claim otherwise. We won't find an agreement there. If your main is Jedi/Sith and you avoid using lightning then perhaps it's time to main something else? Since you can't get the full potential out of this class. And my only concern really is that you, with your internal feedback might have an impact on further changes and possible nerfs or unnecessery buffs to this class so I'm scared what other tweaks might come in next patch.

You can literally read all of my beliefs in my manifesto/compendium. You don't have to guess what I want.

Keep the gifs coming. Adds to your maturity.

Thanks, I will.

brows.gif

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
I absolutely did not.
You absolutely did, right here:
you're just an idiot.
So um, do you read your posts?

You barely presented anything refuting my statements.

I think I presented arguments in favor of lightning usage in rather exhausting form in like 10 posts here already. But hey, you can't read. We already know that. You just dismiss it all and claim I didn't say anything.

This is what you said, and it is inaccurate. You can't even get a guaranteed blue swing on a gunner after a lightning 1 hit before he can immediately fire again. He can fire almost instantly after the lightning ends, which is NOT enough for a swing. Ontop of that, it entirely disables your ability to push/pull the gunner for quite some time, so if it is any other class other than Soldier, you can't hit him regardless. Lightning 1 is *useless*.
Oh wow, you finally address something essential for the first time. Took you long enough though. But again, wrong. It all depends on WHEN you fire the lightning. To make sure he remains stunned for that period you're supposed to do that as late as possible, upon the landing from the jump. For me it IS always MORE than enough time to perform that combo. Please, don't blame the mechanics and call it useless for the lack of basic skills.

You can literally read all of my beliefs in my manifesto/compendium. You don't have to guess what I want.
No thanks, I have better things to do.

All you need to do is stop nerfing force whores and allow less powers to jedi who pick saber defense, and allow more utility to jedis who don't pick saber defense to use force powers.
Also, Small things like no drain on wallgrabs or no drain on sense 3 for people that don't pick saber def would really be nice.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
All you need to do is stop nerfing force whores and allow less powers to jedi who pick saber defense, and allow more utility to jedis who don't pick saber defense to use force powers.

Or... we could just make force powers stronger but more skillbased, and give more options to force whores, while allowing saberists to have utilities of their choice.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Keep the discussion civil and on point.

You're acting like 1vs1 is the only basis in open forceblock is a must have to deal with multiple jedi sometimes even with a gunner or two since you gotta go tricky

No, I'm not. It isn't a "must have", I play without it regularly and rarely do I do badly or not support my team. If you block with your saber and walk you are mostly immune to force powers. It isn't difficult to either keep enemy force-users on the other side of their teammates where they can't do anything to you, or to put pressure on them even in a 1v2/3/4/5 scenario.