Let jedi and sith use grenades they pick up

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
I'll humor the question, even if there's so much wrong with this idea.

Grenades only being on gunners and Jedi/Sith being the only classes able to push them is a core part of MB2 teamwork. There's a reason, in scrims, people have to call out their grenades so their Jedi/Sith can prepare for counterpushes. If a Jedi could both push and throw grenades, that removes the essence of the teamwork.

Additionally, Jedi are designed for up-close combat, and have limited ranged capabilities (push, pull, lightning, grip, saber throw). Giving them access to grenades, that deal splash damage and have AOE knockdowns, would make the new meta pulling a grenade, then running in and slashing everyone. This is especially broken since Jedi must, in the public build, at least be in line of sight to damage their enemy (mind trick, yes, but loud noise + melee only makes it less of a damage dealer), but nades are designed to do damage from out of sight and around corners, making Jedi ambushes completely unavoidable without sense, and would invalidate gunners walking around corners to avoid pushes.

Grenades are also limited by throw distance and bounce capability. Letting Jedi throw grenades would allow them to jump high up and throw their grenades at angles that would be nearly impossible to push or see in advance, whereas gunners must have a nade trajectory starting from near the ground.

Above all, Jedi/Sith are supports that are meant to counter grenade utility and keep grenades from getting to their team. Giving them the utility they are supposed to counter is poor design.

Grenades only being on gunners and Jedi/Sith being the only classes able to push them is a core part of MB2 teamwork. There's a reason, in scrims, people have to call out their grenades so their Jedi/Sith can prepare for counterpushes. If a Jedi could both push and throw grenades, that removes the essence of the teamwork.

Additionally, Jedi are designed for up-close combat, and have limited ranged capabilities (push, pull, lightning, grip, saber throw). Giving them access to grenades, that deal splash damage and have AOE knockdowns, would make the new meta pulling a grenade, then running in and slashing everyone. This is especially broken since Jedi must, in the public build, at least be in line of sight to damage their enemy (mind trick, yes, but loud noise + melee only makes it less of a damage dealer), but nades are designed to do damage from out of sight and around corners, making Jedi ambushes completely unavoidable without sense, and would invalidate gunners walking around corners to avoid pushes.

Grenades are also limited by throw distance and bounce capability. Letting Jedi throw grenades would allow them to jump high up and throw their grenades at angles that would be nearly impossible to push or see in advance, whereas gunners must have a nade trajectory starting from near the ground.

Above all, Jedi/Sith are supports that are meant to counter grenade utility and keep grenades from getting to their team. Giving them the utility they are supposed to counter is poor design.
You just hate Fun.

1. how is it any different for teamwork if a jedi is throwing a grenade or a soldier?
its the same effect, there is no difference who throws it, you think just because a jedi has it he wont call out the grenade or something?
and with push its the same, there is no difference here whatsoever

2. you seem to think every single grenade is just going to be a perfect placed grenade, a force push is more reliable in an ambush then a grenade because you know where the enemy will land, even a secondary fire grenade will sometimes throw them far away in a random direction
the meta would not change at all because its not common to pull a grenade even if you are playing to do that

3. yes a jedi could throw a grenade in a good angle but no it would not be any harder to push away, that makes no sense at all
and again, they wouldnt always have a grenade , I play this game almost every single day and you barely get the chance to pick up a grenade, that is fact you wont always have a grenade, only an occasional round where you get the perfect gunner with the perfect pull and the perfect situation, you dont pull grenades often it is fact and you cant argue that

4. yes you give them the tool they are able to counter but again it can still be countered by the same class, again no difference if the grenade comes in from a jedi or a soldier, a force user can push it away just as easy

Karus

Donator
1. how is it any different for teamwork if a jedi is throwing a grenade or a soldier?
its the same effect, there is no difference who throws it, you think just because a jedi has it he wont call out the grenade or something?
and with push its the same, there is no difference here whatsoever

2. you seem to think every single grenade is just going to be a perfect placed grenade, a force push is more reliable in an ambush then a grenade because you know where the enemy will land, even a secondary fire grenade will sometimes throw them far away in a random direction
the meta would not change at all because its not common to pull a grenade even if you are playing to do that

3. yes a jedi could throw a grenade in a good angle but no it would not be any harder to push away, that makes no sense at all
and again, they wouldnt always have a grenade , I play this game almost every single day and you barely get the chance to pick up a grenade, that is fact you wont always have a grenade, only an occasional round where you get the perfect gunner with the perfect pull and the perfect situation, you dont pull grenades often it is fact and you cant argue that

4. yes you give them the tool they are able to counter but again it can still be countered by the same class, again no difference if the grenade comes in from a jedi or a soldier, a force user can push it away just as easy
I'd just say... this is Movie Battles. When do you ever see Jedi/Sith throwing nades around in the movies or other mediums? Never... lol
Not saying that just because something isn't in SW material that it shouldn't be added into game mode's such as Open, but really? Jedi throwing nades around? Come on.

I'd just say... this is Movie Battles. When do you ever see Jedi/Sith throwing nades around in the movies or other mediums? Never... lol
Not saying that just because something isn't in SW material that it shouldn't be added into game mode's such as Open, but really? Jedi throwing nades around? Come on.
I have to go back again and say how often do you think it will happen? because as ive said before you dont get the chance to pick up grenades a lot, so its not like thats gonna be a common thing to see, I started this thread because I pulled a grenade from someone recently and was sad I couldnt use it
I cant remember how long it had been since I pulled a grenade before that time, anyone that says they pull grenades every day is lying,
1. it wont be common it would be an occasional thing that happens and it wouldnt change the gameplay much at all
2. thats one of the main points of mbII, its not about being a super accurate star wars game or something, its about fun and the random jedi with grenade would not ruin any of the fun but enhance it

1613424367616.png