Leia and Padme skins

Hello,

I´ve small suggestion. Is it really necessary to have 5 Leia and 4 (Sabe) Padme skins? It could create space for minimum 2-3 new hero models.

HrBFIuJ.jpg

So instead 8 skins, we could have only 5 which each one demonstrates one episode. Now we can add 3 new heroes :) Thanks

Last edited:
I support this. I'd like to see more different heros, rather than different versions of the same heros.

OH YES
Three new heroes, one of them being either Carth or Atton from KOTOR games.
Seriously though, they fit perfect for the role of a hero!
!
!!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Basically, I don't like this idea.

You suggest to remove models in order to make a room for somebody else, but you don't even mention skins those to come.
Who are they, characters those deserve to replace Leia and Padme? Are they important persons in the Star Wars universe? Are there models those good enough to be included in MBII, and is it possible to add them due the copyrights issues?

Without answering those questions, it's "removing just because we can" thing, which isn't really good.

You know, Leia and Padme are iconic characters, they came from the movies, and this mod is called "Movie Battles", not something else. That's gotta mean something.
If they are already in game, that because they have high-quality skins.
Also, don't ignore the fact they are girls. Serious business! :)

If Leia and Padme are to be replaced, then it should be some iconic characters too, not just some random aliens that only two and a half fan knows about.
And females are preferred.

I find pretty weird how this thought is formed: "hi guys, let's remove these models to include some (any) others".
Much better would something like this: "hi guys, I've got these cool models <link>, they are bug-free and kind of public domain, it would be really great if they became part of the official mb2 set because <arguments>. Since we hit models count limit, I believe these skins could be removed, we already have a lot of models for a same person... "

Basically, I don't like this idea.

You suggest to remove models in order to make a room for somebody else, but you don't even mention skins those to come.
Who are they, characters those deserve to replace Leia and Padme? Are they important persons in the Star Wars universe? Are there models those good enough to be included in MBII, and is it possible to add them due the copyrights issues?

Without answering those questions, it's "removing just because we can" thing, which isn't really good.

You know, Leia and Padme are iconic characters, they came from the movies, and this mod is called "Movie Battles", not something else. That's gotta mean something.
If they are already in game, that because they have high-quality skins.
Also, don't ignore the fact they are girls. Serious business! :)

If Leia and Padme are to be replaced, then it should be some iconic characters too, not just some random aliens that only two and a half fan knows about.
And females are preferred.

I find pretty weird how this thought is formed: "hi guys, let's remove these models to include some (any) others".
Much better would something like this: "hi guys, I've got these cool models <link>, they are bug-free and kind of public domain, it would be really great if they became part of the official mb2 set because <arguments>. Since we hit models count limit, I believe these skins could be removed, we already have a lot of models for a same person... "

Hehe, I know what you mean. But listen, you must know that I suggested new models and created threads about this for about 2 years, and still developers dont care. So this was just quick suggestion. I dont want to tell developers now: add this, and this...there are lot of threads about suggesting new models but I know they are now working on new models from Force Awakens. And i must argue with you about your idea that in mod are characters from movies. If there are only "movie ones", whole mod should contain for about 10 playable characters :D :D There are skins from expanded universe, Kotor, TFU and more...and there arent only high-quality ones. Mace Windu, Quigon, EP1Obi and more need some serious reskins...for about 5 years there is available for example Spanki´s Mace Windu, which is in MovieDuels and still MB2 has old HapSlash one which was primarly created for JK2 :D

But if you want to know some, which fit Hero class: Bail Organa, Hera Syndulla, Sabine Wren, Carth Onasi, Finn and Poe (which are planned), Lando from Jabba palace, Luke Yavin, Morgan Katarn, Mon Mothma...

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Mace Windu, Quigon, EP1Obi and more need some serious reskins...for about 5 years there is available for example Spanki´s Mace Windu, which is in MovieDuels and still MB2 has old HapSlash one which was primarly created for JK2 :D

Remember we need permission to use stuff. The only thing I asked Spanki for last time I talked to him was Echuu, Naat, Sev'rance. That contact might not even still be valid.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
But listen, you must know that I suggested new models and created threads about this for about 2 years, and still developers dont care. So this was just quick suggestion. I dont want to tell developers now: add this, and this...there are lot of threads about suggesting new models but I know they are now working on new models from Force Awakens.
Still strange to me. I'm sure developers know how to remove models, and if they didn't add some models, they have some other reasons, not just "there is no room".
And i must argue with you about your idea that in mod are characters from movies. If there are only "movie ones", whole mod should contain for about 10 playable characters :D :D There are skins from expanded universe, Kotor, TFU and more...
I never say "only from movies", and only mean "we need god damn good reason to replace somebody from the movie with character which wasn't in the movie".

I guess you've seen my posts about HK-47, where I speak for adding KOTOR droid to mb2; but that situation is very different from this one:
  1. HK-47 is really epic
  2. There are a lot of some male, not-so-important-characters for Bounty Hunter
  3. Model already exists
  4. Subject and my replies are very clear: here is the model, here are developer' posts, here is list of BH skins.
Mace Windu, Quigon, EP1Obi and more need some serious reskins...for about 5 years there is available for example Spanki´s Mace Windu, which is in MovieDuels and still MB2 has old HapSlash one which was primarly created for JK2
But if you want to know some, which fit Hero class: Bail Organa, Hera Syndulla, Sabine Wren, Carth Onasi, Finn and Poe (which are planned), Lando from Jabba palace, Luke Yavin, Morgan Katarn, Mon Mothma...
That's much more better, at least there's something to discuss.

Some models already scheduled, some could be worth to have, and some others I just don't know who are they.

But still, it's not only about characters, it's about what skins exist and what don't, it's about quality and copyrights.

@MaceMadunusus

So let´s say if I contact author and he gives me permission to use his model in MovieBattles, could I post it there and developers will look at this?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
There is absolutely zero consistency in that texturing at all.... so most likely a no.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Posting a thread with suggestions is just fine. The devs can see it and can gauge community interest (IE which of the high quality models could be higher priority)