•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Launcher wont open

I cant manage to start t he launcher. it automatically says mb2launcher stopped working... i've tried everything and the error persists.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
What is your OS?
If you are on Windows, make sure you have both .NET 3.5 and .NET 4. For some reason, I can't manage MBIILauncher to work without any of those package (didn't have enough time to test, though).

Post a screenshot of error message.

What is your OS?
If you are on Windows, make sure you have both .NET 3.5 and .NET 4. For some reason, I can't manage MBIILauncher to work without any of those package (didn't have enough time to test, though).

Post a screenshot of error message.
I'm on windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.
The launcher doesn't even open, when I double click it the stopped working box appears and it closes itself. There is no error I can take a screenshot of.
I have net 3.5 and 4 installed up to 4.7.1

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" => Ctrl + A => right click on selected files => Properties => uncheck 'Read only' => OK.
Repeat for these folders:
  1. Jedi Academy\GameData
  2. Jedi Academy\GameData\mme
  3. Jedi Academy\GameData\mmeMBII

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.

Delete these folders:
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Movie_Battles_Team

Start Launcher as admin.

"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" => Ctrl + A => right click on selected files => Properties => uncheck 'Read only' => OK.
Repeat for these folders:
  1. Jedi Academy\GameData
  2. Jedi Academy\GameData\mme
  3. Jedi Academy\GameData\mmeMBII

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.

Delete these folders:
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Movie_Battles_Team

Start Launcher as admin.
dowsnt work. it does not open. instantly pops up the stopped working thing

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
dowsnt work. it does not open. instantly pops up the stopped working thing
Well I'm running out of ideas then.
It's either bug in Launcher (less likely), or something is wrong with your .NET installation (more likely).

Also, there is small possibility that your MBIILauncher.exe is damaged, and anti-virus is acting up.
So redownload Launcher and disable an anti-virus.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
A screenshot of the error message would help. It could either be gro. The .NET Runtime or from Windows. How we can go about diagnosing this depends on which kind of error is occurring.