•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Launcher won't open

Whenever I run the launcher (from GameData as admin) I get the dialog box that says "MBII Launcher has stopped working" and gives the standard options to:
1) "Check online for a solution and close the program"
2) "Close the program"
I got the mod working through Steam (I have the Steam version), but I could only join the servers that don't have anti-cheat. If I did I'd instantly get kicked and the game gives me a message about the launcher not running.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Save your configs to safe place:
  1. "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg"
  2. "My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg"

Try removing those folders:
  1. "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher"
  2. "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Movie_Battles_Team"
After that, start Launcher.
It will be said that MB2 isn't installed.
Click "Install", Launcher will check files on your drive, but it won't download new files, so this won't take long.

If that will not help, reinstall .NET.

1. I didn't find any folders titled "MBII_Launcher" in GameData to delete. Installed the mod after a clean install of JA yesterday using the torrent. There is no such folder among the torrent's or in the update zip's files. Does the launcher create it?
2. Deleted the "Movie_Battles_Team" folders.

Same problem. Launcher still didn't open.
Reinstalled .net framework. No effect after that either.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Does the launcher create it?
Yes.
Where did you place Launcher?
It should be in "Jedi Academy\GameData", but it is already there, try moving it to "C:\", start Launcher from there.

Also, redownload the Launcher, maybe your file is broken.

Try disabling your antivirus, maybe it's conflicting with Launcher.

I checked the "Download" page on the Movie Battles site and it said the mod required .NET 3.5. I only had 4.6.1 so I downloaded 3.5, installed it. During the install the installer said that .NET was disabled. Went to: Contol Panel - > Programs - > Turn Windows features on and off - > and ticked the .NET 3.5.1. box. Launcher runs properly now (the Launcher folder in GameData is where it should be as well).
I had redownloaded the launcher earlier (twice) and turned antivorus on and off to see if it had any effect (it didn't). We had a slight launcher malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Last edited: