•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Launcher doesn't stay open

I try playing the game after the update but my launcher just closes for some reason and it causes my game to not wanna run and disconnects me from the servers. It tells me that I need to keep my launcher open for it to not disconnect me but there's no way I can.

Hello,

Please provide a log file, which you can find in the launcher installation folder. This should help the developers to find the problem!

• Love
Reactions: Leo
Haven't tried playing this game for a while due to other things, but it's still the same error. I got the log file for the error of the launcher. When I launch the game I go to load into a server, and it works fine until the launcher suddenly closes and it proceeds to give me this error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\mb2_corellia.pk3 (268 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\MB2_Commtower.pk3 (236 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3 (1303 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets2.pk3 (2332 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\mb2_cmp_assets.pk3 (2337 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\mb2_cloudcity.pk3 (271 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\mb2_boc.pk3 (596 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\mb2_alderaan.pk3 (173 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\FAMBModels.pk3 (3341 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\03_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (2002 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\031_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\02_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (8450 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\01_MovieGameMappack.pk3 (3321 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData/MBII
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData/base

handle 1: music/ThemeMusicB19.mp3
----------------------
284100 files in pk3 files
Tutorial data info saved
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on UI failed

I downloaded the all the system requirements that I need and the launcher still won't stay open for the game to properly function without giving me some sort of connection error.

ERROR: Client command overflow
Stopped demo.
recursive error after: Client command overflow

I downloaded the all the system requirements that I need and the launcher still won't stay open for the game to properly function without giving me some sort of connection error.

ERROR: Client command overflow
Stopped demo.
recursive error after: Client command overflow
Can you post the full launcher crash log? You can find it in your MBII Launcher install directory and search in MBII_Launcher/logs

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\MBII Launcher\MBII_Launcher\logs
Please post the most recent normal log and WPF crash log

I couldn't find any WPF crash logs but here's the normal log. I looked in the right location but it appears I don't got anything, unless I'm just not looking in the right place

Attachments

• MBIILauncher_2023_03_13_18_48_29.txt
    9 KB · Views: 95
I couldn't find any WPF crash logs but here's the normal log. I looked in the right location but it appears I don't got anything, unless I'm just not looking in the right place
1678748575190.png

They should be next to the normal logs, if there are none it could simply be the case that it didn't make any
I'm not a dev so I can't give you a definitive answer but I doubt they will be able to tell you what's going on just looking at the log you provided.
Maybe it could help if we know the following:
1. When does the launcher close?
2. What if any error message do you receive?
3. Can you post the full log of the "recursive error after: Client command overflow" error?

Yeah I checked a few more times front and back, there isn't any so here goes.
1. The launcher closes about 30 seconds to few minutes after I load the game up, and every single time I try to load into the server, it closes and I get disconnected.
2. Mainly I would receive command overflow, disconnected from server, or failed to load UI since and it would tell me to keep the launcher running.

Attachments

• MBII.Launcher.Command Overflow log.txt
    24.1 KB · Views: 103
I honestly don't know, but all I'm able to say is what it's telling me. I sincerely doubt it's too high max fps, Launcher will close no matter what I do. And notably this was never an issue until the Launcher had its big update, and that's when it started happening every single time I open up the game.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Well an error like Client Command Overflow is generally not launcher related in my experience. I don't exactly know what the cause could be here, but I am going to take a guess.

Go into settings -> gameplay -> network options -> hit set recommended.

And even if you doubt that high FPS is not the cause, still please go to settings -> video -> graphic options 2 -> Max FPS and set it to a max of 250fps or something. Jedi Academy does not like going above 300 fps in many cases, especially with certain network settings. The two are kind of intertwined.

My guess there is a bad setting somewhere in either network or framerate.

Nah still didn't work.
I don't necessarily understand why I'm getting those errors tbh. They never ever gave me issue. The main and only issue is the launcher deciding to stop running and that all on its own doesn't allow me to connect to any servers. I even tried to delete all my files and reinstall everything, and while the launcher was installing and updating all the files back into place, it still closed on its own mid updates.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I'm struggling to understand what the problem is here.

2. Mainly I would receive command overflow, disconnected from server

That is from JKA and nothing to do with launcher. Are you able to get as far as hitting the "Play" button on launcher?

Correct. I honestly wish I had a clear way of showing this error, but this has been the best I could do. I can still hit Play on Launcher, but the launcher will eventually close within a short time, even if I don't click anything on the launcher, it will close on its own regardless

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Ok -

You need to have a look for crash logs, by default they will be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\MBII Launcher\MBII_Launcher\logs
The filename will start MBIILauncher_WPF_Crash_

Please upload the latest file.

I've already tried all that. I get nothing and I don't know why I don't get any WPF crash files. I've looked where to look. I even tried messing with the game, deleting, configuring settings and all sorts of things, and I legit don't know how else to put this as it just simply will not stay open. Disconnects me and disallows me to connect all because "Keep the launcher open" but the launcher will just close no matter what I do. Honestly I might as well just wait till I get a new PC before playing this game again

Bump, having the same issue. Running the game off a Sabrent SSD, RX 6700 XT, and Ryzen 5 3600, tried reinstalling multiple times, compatibility mode for W7/W8, launching as admin, etc., none of it works.