•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Launcher Assistance [POSSIBLY BROKEN]

After installing the recent v1.4 update and launching MBII with my preferred Boba Fett's Ultra Utility v3 Beta 17a minimizer, not long after the start of a round I was forced out of the server I was playing in with a displayed message instructing me to run the game with the official MBII launcher and keep it running. My attempts to do so were unsuccessful, as every time I pressed the PLAY button, the launcher responded by saying that there was a problem running Movie Battles and advised me to run the launcher as administrator to fix the problem. This additional instruction did not work, as the launcher still did not run and left me with the same advisement to run it as administrator. Attempting to run MBII from its batch file in the Gamedata folder was an effort undone by a mid-launch crash and error. Because of this I will essentially be unable to play MBII at all. I suspect the problem lies with the launcher, as there are other problems I took note of during my time using it.
  • Despite the fact I have already installed v1.4, every time I start the launcher it states that there is a new update and inquires if I want to install it.
  • Minimizing the launcher results in its complete disappearance from the taskbar and the screen. The indicator to bring back the launcher display is nonfunctional. Attempting to restart the launcher by re-running the MBIILauncher.exe on my desktop is futile, as despite the launcher display's disappearance it seems to be an already running instance. I was pressed to locate the launcher's mute process on my Task Manager and End Task, then re-run MBIILauncher.exe to bring back the display.
  • As mentioned in the above paragraph, the PLAY function on the launcher display is nonfunctional.
  • Also aforementioned, running the launcher as administrator does not resolve the problem listed in the last bullet-point.
If possible I hope to either coordinate with someone has had experience with the launcher and perhaps faced the same problems with it and resolved them via Steam or see a much-needed reparation for this launcher.

PZfJ1k0.png

Gf20iPX.png

LlX0dlF.png

63HsGbd.png

Links for external references:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Restart computer, delete and redownload launcher. Run as administrator (right click launcher)

This has not resolved the issue. The launcher, which I have deleted and reinstalled as you've instructed, continues to tell me to run it as administrator despite the fact that I already have.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Unless you didn't restart, I don't see why this is still occurring. Make sure that you end all the processes related to the launcher.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Looks like there is something wrong with file permissions.
Right click on GameData => Properties => Security, give yourself all possible permissions, repeat for GameData\MBII.

After that, try running mbii using Launcher.
If it fails, try running using bat file.
Try selecting MB Client in Launcher's settings, try running Play_MBII_CustomOJK.bat.

Looks like there is something wrong with file permissions.
Right click on GameData => Properties => Security, give yourself all possible permissions, repeat for GameData\MBII.

After that, try running mbii using Launcher.
If it fails, try running using bat file.
Try selecting MB Client in Launcher's settings, try running Play_MBII_CustomOJK.bat.

These permissions were already enabled. These alternatives and settings were already utilized as well and provided no progress.

i had similiar problem, selecting full installation and checking integrity solved this

The problem remains unsolved.