Kyle Katarn Traditional lightsaber sounds from JK2 and JKA

• Thread starter Deleted member 3500
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3500

Hello everyone. I've been de-satisfied with how some hilts have sounded in the game, most notably Kyle's. Strange I know, I've been trying so damn hard to replace his hilt's sounds in particular with essentially the Base game saber sounds and clashes. Nothing has worked, I have created a new folder for Kyle's saber, copied the sounds from the base game, pasted them into the folder, put that folder into the ext_data/weapons/sabers folder where all the extra sounds for various sabers are, and made sure to add the appropriate lines to the Open_saber2 notepad file with quotes and all. HELP!!!

I'm essentially trying to get the sounds to sound like this:

It would be best if you uploaded somewhere files you added/modified and posted link to them here.
Sounds you added to .pk3 are not working at all in-game or they are working but are too quiet, desynchronized etc.?
If they are not working do you get any new text in console when spawning with Kyle hilt? For example if I would use stereo .wav file for hitSound1 I would get yellow text in console saying *something* invalid PCM audio format *something*. To fix this I have to change .wav file from stereo to mono and then that sound works.
Also to what .pk3 did you put your files? Was it base MB2 or custom .pk3. Maybe you have conflicting files and your .sab file is getting replaced by another while loading the game.