"Kicked for Malformed Client" - Crash fixed, but still spams.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Oooo I think that means ur hackingg

That's what that error seems to be saying. Remove any community made modifications, repair in launcher.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This error usually happens when there is invalid value for "forcepowers". You should edit your config or reset settings to default using GUI or by moving/deleting config file.
Those files are subjects to edit:
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg"
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg"
"My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg"

If editing won't help, please upload files I've mentioned or reset settings.

Technical Issue - Invalid client data, and unable to launch mbii.x86.exe

This error usually happens when there is invalid value for "forcepowers". You should edit your config or reset settings to default using GUI or by moving/deleting config file.
Those files are subjects to edit:
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg"
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg"
"My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg"

If editing won't help, please upload files I've mentioned or reset settings.

Technical Issue - Invalid client data, and unable to launch mbii.x86.exe

There seems to be some misunderstanding here. This was not something I did. These messages flooded the server, over and over again. In previous builds when someone would do this, it would crash the server.

ZwM

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Well, I know at least one way to create such an occurrence. Not sure if it can be still done, but I guess so. If admin adds a bot, which is not supported in MB2, he will be kicked for malformed client info ;) This is just a curiosity. What's weird is that there is no name before this "kicked for malformed info". It should be "Whatever_name kicked for malformed info".

Maybe someone was spamming fake clients trying to join to the serer and instantly being kicked out.