T r i s t a n

Banned
Basically as the title suggests, I am looking for a Duel server that would support this? I have played it a few times using various Duel servers, but it isn't really allowed by most Admins. If anyone else has experienced the glorious reward that is helping your fellow Sith slay a group of Jedi.
Please comment.

-T

Wait, team duel mode doesn't exist?
Devs, why u do dis.

I don't even duel and think I this should be apart of the game.
It would be perfect for scrims.

Or rather, what is the point at all when you can sometimes just go on any open server and there's nothing but jedi and sith there.

T r i s t a n

Banned
I agree, a Team Duel mode should be added, the problem with playing Jedi v Sith in Open is because you will always have one guy who chooses trooper or something, and to make it worse, you only have one life each. In Duel Servers however, everyone is either Sith or Jedi (so teams already made) and have 6 lives so game play can be longer than 30 seconds for most new Saber users. If a Duel server with Team based combat is not in the works or is not even planned for, I understand. But at least allow a typical Duel server to allow this kind of game play, some of us MBII players love team based game play. I also believe the friendly fire to be an immersive and fun experience when fighting 2 v 2, it allows for more skilled players to really work together fluidly while newer players will hack each other to bits by mistake. Using newby players to slay their team mates is actually an effective way of dealing with a 2 v 1 situation or even 3 v 1. The experienced Jedi/Sith CAN beat a 3 v 1 if played properly. So I believe that Team Based Combat is very possible in Duel servers, it simply requires a learning curve for team based saber combat. If a Dev or Admin has any complaints about this or main gripes of why this is a bad idea other than the obvious TK problem that exists. Please let me know, because I believe there to be no good reason for a Team Deathmatch for Jedi v Sith to not be implemented, if you're afraid or being killed by your team mates, stay out of their way, work with them, don't contend for the kill, you'll just get in the way and be TK'd. Or just play with skilled team mates who protect and work team wise. Noobies are always going to be a TK hazard in any game in my opinion, you just need to get better at the team based saber combat aspect of the game. Basically it is a learning curve like everything else in this Mod, if you are a good 1 v 1 duelist, maybe it is time to start that 2 v 2 training, it is a whole new aspect of combat in the game that everyone seems to overlook because they are scared of TK's or "Lamers" in a Jedi v Sith War, if I was a Sith and I see a fellow Sith being double teamed, I would obviously jump into the fray and try to back stab or flank the enemy Jedi to save friendly Sith. I don't consider that kind of back stab a lame in my opinion, I call it a well used flanking tactic.

- T

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Just play Open. Half the people think they can go Jedi/Sith and make a difference anyways.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
As hleV stated, team duel mode basically already exists. g_allowedVillainClasses and g_allowedHeroClasses can be used to restict classes to Jedi/Sith only (I dunno the values, they're in a readme somewhere) in Open mode. This is how duel servers used to be made before the actual Duel mode was created.

T r i s t a n

Banned
As hleV stated, team duel mode basically already exists. g_allowedVillainClasses and g_allowedHeroClasses can be used to restict classes to Jedi/Sith only (I dunno the values, they're in a readme somewhere) in Open mode. This is how duel servers used to be made before the actual Duel mode was created.

I see, but don't you have to be an Admin or run your own server to do that?

T r i s t a n

Banned
Well, I have no idea how to host my own server, port forwarding is foreign to me entirely. The point of this thread is to see if there is any already created servers or new servers that will support this.