J| Clan Duel Tournaments

AaronAaron

Donator
Hi guys,

Recently our clan has started hosting duelling tournaments weekly for the community and our clan. The reason why we have decided to host weekly duelling tournaments for everyone is because we want more people to get into duelling and actually have a good time trying to compete against each other.

(also the duelling community is getting so many players recently so we might as well try to keep it that way)
cc5e37cc51085bef6eca3101eb26117a.png

3de22210c6cb6047a7aacdc60ce0d001.png

This is how our tournaments work:

1v1 Tournaments

Rules

- Force powers are not allowed
- All styles are allowed except for duals
- No running out of the arena

The tournament will be in brackets similar to this: fasf - Challonge (our last event, but these ones will be 1v1) and the matches will be randomised using this: Team Generator. To win a round you must kill the other person 6 times or have more kills than them at the time limit. If both players have the same amount of kills, they will have 1 more duel. The winner of this duel will win the match and proceed to the next round. This will go on until we eventually have a winner. Sadly the winner wins nothing but a huge ego boost (can't wait to win) and a well done from me ;).

These events happen once every two weeks.

2v2 Tournaments

Rules

- Force powers are not allowed
- All styles are allowed except for duals
- No running out of the arena

This tournament will also be in brackets, with the teams be generated just like the 1v1s. However, in this tournament, you will have 5 duels. All duels will be on open mode, so once you die, you have to wait for the next duel to begin. The team who scores 3 wins proceed to the next round (we still play 5 duels just to make things fun). And yet again, the winner of the tournament wins nothing but loves and hugs from me (@Quinto u better join).

These events happen once every two weeks. (A number of players need for this event to work are: 16 and 32)

These events will be hosted on the J| Training Server (hosted by @Caelum, which means u NA players will be able to join with semi-decent ping) so make sure you PM me for the password! You can sign up to the events by going to MBII Events (You have to make an account btw!) You will have until the day before the tournament to sign up, so hurry up :p. If you say that you will attend and not show up, you will not be allowed to participate in the tournaments for 2 weeks, so please only say you will sign up when you deffo can that day. All of the events will be on a Saturday at 5 PM GMT.

These events may not be 100% well organised at the beginning because we're pretty new to this stuff, but we hope to improve over time :). If you decide to troll around at the event, you will be banned from joining our events for a certain amount of time (maybe forever), so please only come if you're going to behave :).

Here is our video from the last event we had:
Credit goes to @Nighthaze for recording it.
(It did look a little bit unorganised at the beginning due to members not showing up, but we got there in the end. Again, we hope to improve this in future)

Here are two pictures of the map that we will be using (It looks dark in the screenshots for some reason):
31e26300fa80502c3efa92d1652a5300.jpg

b17152dc76b8f5009643e4cb1f98354c.jpg

Map is available here. I think the map was created by Movie Battles Universe, so all credit goes to them(thats if they actually made it)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

BTW, we have decided not to do the 2v2 tournaments due to the amount of players turning up to the events. If the population rises, we will bring it back.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun. Agent hosted something like that and it was superb.
BTW who is your current champion?

AaronAaron

Donator
Sounds like fun. Agent hosted something like that and it was superb.
BTW who is your current champion?
To say that the first event was slightly rushed, everyone really enjoyed being a part of it (poor crusade).And our current champion is me and Jordan for the 2v2 event.

AaronAaron

Donator
wait what? why? duals are easily countered by blue, staff or other duals.
All cancerous styles :/ But duals is just beyond awful. You can stop any attack with stabs which allows u time to regen BP and it is almost impossible to PB if they spam attacks. Again, it wont be allowed until we see how good they are in Tempest's build.

All cancerous styles :/
are you going to ban cyan too? Please don't tell me you are a fan of that yellow vs yellow or blue vs blue boring languorous dueling. Fast styles bring fun and diversity in the game.
it is almost impossible to PB if they spam attacks
Very hard to swingblock. And duals often crush their teeth on a more or less good blue, because you just can't outspam blue, it gains acm faster

Well... it is your event, guys, i have no right to judge your opinions, just trying to invest some sound criticism to make an event a bit more... interesting?

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
On a side note, it's possible to (and actually I would love to!) make it the same way as KoerbS once did with the EU duel community...
The ladder.
Not automatic yet, matches' results will have to be entered manually and the competitors and other interested persons would be able to easily see their position in the ladder. If you are not sure how it works, I'll create the proof of concept.

On a side note, it's possible to (and actually I would love to!) make it the same way as KoerbS once did with the EU duel community...
The ladder.
Not automatic yet, matches' results will have to be entered manually and the competitors and other interested persons would be able to easily see their position in the ladder. If you are not sure how it works, I'll create the proof of concept.
Mb2 matchmaking with elo when

The last event was a great sucess, I think everyone enjoyed it (even we, the loser :p ) I visited the new map dedicated to the upcoming event, It's clearly what we need. Two room on the side, one huge arena in the center. I can't wait to whitness a slaughter in there.

Thanks for making it fun for everyone (And for your patience, hosting event is not full of rest)

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Very happy to see this kind of thing make a return. Of course, my enthusiasm is offset by the current build :)

AaronAaron

Donator
Very happy to see this kind of thing make a return. Of course, my enthusiasm is offset by the current build :)
Well im sure its not long until we see Tempest's saber system on public. So its something to be excited for :p

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
Sounds fun, I am away this weekend but would like to play in one even though I am not great at dueling.

AaronAaron

Donator
Sounds fun, I am away this weekend but would like to play in one even though I am not great at duelling.
We're hoping to host these every week (assuming ppl sign up for them) so you can play the week after. And your duelling skill has nothing to do with this at all, its just something for fun :p (I agree with Pugje though lol)

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Mb2 matchmaking with elo when
Maybe not matchmaking but I did have some thoughts/rough designs for a ranking system for dueling. Mostly just a back burner side project at the moment but I'd like to make something even if it doesn't turn into anything concrete.

Last edited: