Improved voice lines for Poe Dameron

Current Poe's voice lines are very ugly (audio files are full of background low-frequency noise and words are difficult to distinguish when the game is on), so I decided to cut them out from scratch, using good film source. The result is in the attachment (replacement of original soundfiles.zip). All phrases and Oscar Isaac's painful scream were replaced, however another voice files were left untouched, because I thought that they were fine (it was several hours ago, and now I think that they are ugly too, but I'm already too lazy to replace them:oops:).
I also cut out some extra phrases and put them into the second attachment (poe's voice lines.zip). I think those will be enough to make separate unique sound packs for Poe's in-game models.
Third attachment (example replacement with extra soundfiles.zip) contains replacement with some of those extra phrases, in case someone wants to check them out quickly in-game and don't want to bother thyself with manual renaming

Attachments

• replacement of original soundfiles.zip
    492.5 KB · Views: 324
  • poe's voice lines.zip
    546 KB · Views: 365
  • example replacement with extra soundfiles.zip
    441 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0
Well done! I really like efforts like this i'm quite sensitive about sound quality :)

If you want to be even more professional you can try a 5.1 sound source and extract only the front center channel which usually have a lot less background noise/music and cleaner speech. I think i have the tools to do it, maybe i look into it.

Current Poe's voice lines are very ugly (audio files are full of background low-frequency noise and words are difficult to distinguish when the game is on), so I decided to cut them out from scratch, using good film source. The result is in the attachment (replacement of original soundfiles.zip). All phrases and Oscar Isaac's painful scream were replaced, however another voice files were left untouched, because I thought that they were fine (it was several hours ago, and now I think that they are ugly too, but I'm already too lazy to replace them:oops:).
I also cut out some extra phrases and put them into the second attachment (poe's voice lines.zip). I think those will be enough to make separate unique sound packs for Poe's in-game models.
Third attachment (example replacement with extra soundfiles.zip) contains replacement with some of those extra phrases, in case someone wants to check them out quickly in-game and don't want to bother thyself with manual renaming
They're not ugly lol

If you want to be even more professional you can try a 5.1 sound source and extract only the front center channel which usually have a lot less background noise/music and cleaner speech. I think i have the tools to do it, maybe i look into it.

Well, I already did that the way you described :)
I can also upload on storage site all unedited clips (including Poe's moaning and heavy breathing) if there is an interest in them;)

They're not ugly lol

I called them ugly, because they have a lot of unnecessary noises (those, which sound similar to wind blow). If that word was sounded offensive or edgy, than I apologise, didn't meant that. I really appreciate all effort, that was made during searching, cutting and editing of original phrases, but I also thought that quality of those voice lines deserved to be improved and instead of being a guy, who can only give abstract commands to devs about what they should do, i decided to do this work by myself and share the result here, in case someone will be interested in implementing those voice lines into his own copy of the game or into the next update of the mod, so that everyone in the game could enjoy them equally :rolleyes:

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Thanks for your contribution, Apelsin! I'll submit the soundpack to the dev branch, chances are that it will be added to the next release.

Last edited:
Well, I already did that the way you described :)
I can also upload on storage site all unedited clips (including Poe's moaning and heavy breathing) if there is an interest in them;)

I called them ugly, because they have a lot of unnecessary noises (those, which sound similar to wind blow). If that word was sounded offensive or edgy, than I apologise, didn't meant that. I really appreciate all effort, that was made during searching, cutting and editing of original phrases, but I also thought that quality of those voice lines deserved to be improved and instead of being a guy, who can only give abstract commands to devs about what they should do, i decided to do this work by myself and share the result here, in case someone will be interested in implementing those voice lines into his own copy of the game or into the next update of the mod, so that everyone in the game could enjoy them equally :rolleyes:
Your sounds are better and i agreed that there are some. For example: 1)looks like sneeze 2) Uagghhhhhh!!!!!. Вообщем хорошая работа, и с 9 Мая , Апельсин ;).

Thanks for your contribution, Apelsin! I'll submit the soundpack to the dev branch, chances are that it will be added to the next release.

Thanks! I also just finished editing poe's painful groan sound files (I was a bit lazy and didn't that yesterday), so now his soundpack can be replaced completely:)

Your sounds are better and i agreed that there are some. For example: 1)looks like sneeze 2) Uagghhhhhh!!!!!. Вообщем хорошая работа, и с 9 Мая , Апельсин ;).

Спасибо, и тебя с праздником, братан:cool:

Attachments

• poe's moans.zip
    60.3 KB · Views: 197