Improve support for Simple HUD

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Useful Shortlist of Demands, for dearest Tempest, the code man:
  • Add Dodge Points counter (since it's out of 100).
  • Add melee recharge meter (as a counterr? As seconds? As a BP/Fuel-style bar?
  • Add counters for darts/blobs/nades. Possibly even have a distinct counter for each of those things, so we can, at a glance, see our entire consumable inventory, even in weird FA/!spin situations where you have a bunch of things.
  • Allow us to move the BP bar around.
  • Add translucency cvars for simplehud elements.
  • Add alternate horizontal BP bar (which would just be the current bar rotated)?
  • Add grip indicator (haha, it could even just be a number that pops up and counts down the seconds required to land the grip. That would be useful.)

behodl

kT15IwE.jpg

at present, the cg_hudfiles cvars can be used to move Simple HUD numbers around, and give them different colors. And change to an alternate font mode where the text is centered instead of left-justified (and the font is different.)

But at present, Simple HUD does not have support for a couple of game features, including Dodge Points and gun modes. I know there's other things but I didn't go through and check every feature to see if it shows on the HUD. Not sure if ACM is indicated at all, although the cvars reference an ACM counter. edit: oh yeah dart counts don't show. edit2: ACM does show up.

Anyway I'd like to be able to use simple hud without completely losing important info. @Tempest prodprodprod, whinewhinewhine

(one quick fix would be to allow us to have simple hud and the regular hud BOTH on at the SAME TIME...)

I'd also like to be able to move the old fuel/BP bar around so I could put it closer to the center of the screen along with everything else. And while we're on this whole topic, it would be nice to be able to set opacity values for all of the simple hud elements too.

(also in that screenshot, there's a custom crosshair I made, based on what would "theoretically be the best crosshair for aiming at heads," according to me. I have no idea if it's actually good but if anyone wants it or my simple hud config values I can send em to you.)

(ALSO in that screenshot: the fact that I always play with the large map overlay on, at a very low opacity. There's a semi-secret cvar for changing the big map's opacity. I don't remember what it is off the top of my head but it's not that hard to find or I can go check and tell you if you're curious.)

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I also rather like the simple hud. But the HUD related feature I would want most would be a movable, adjustable BP bar. Say you could move the old fuel bar to the middle of the screen, drag it down to the bottom and then make it horizontal rather than vertical, then double its size. That would be kind of an interesting feature. And of course a customizable ACM counter to go with it. The glow of the normal UI is unclear, so a movable counter would be nice to go with the adjustable BP bar :)