Idea to fix hit&run

For duals, cyan and yellow i propose to significantly reduce BP damage on the initial swings. AP counter should only increase on the second bodyhit. The longer the combo the greater damage from the final swings e.g.: 1st swing: 0.3 damage multiplier, 2nd - 0.6 , 3d - 1, 4th - 1.2 , 5th - 1.5...
To make blue viable in this system i think it needs 8-swing chains back (it was so fun to play). And yes, i am the biggest fan of spam. IMO it'll make duels look more fierce and interesting to watch

Last edited:

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I don't think sabers need a further damage nerf, considering they are already bad against Wooks and SBDs...

damage to the opponent's BP, my idea concerns only duels
it was a bit misleading, edited

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I don't think sabers should function differently in Duel mode versus Open mode. The system should just be flexible enough to handle both types of matches equally based on the skill levels of the players.
(Also you didn't specify BP in your OP, my bad xd)

Blue doesn't need to be buffed, it needs to be nerfed.
With reduction of damage on initial swings you'll need to chain more of them to deal some damage thus increasing the skillcap. (it is very hard to make long combos with extremely fast swings without getting slapped every time).

don't think sabers should function differently in Duel mode versus Open mode.
I meant saber vs saber, doesn't matter whether it is open or duel mode haha

k4far

Banned
Donator
Blue is so dull,

you simply spam two or three swings dodge and repeat and that is it. You can parry a ton of hits by just mashing random swings at your opponent. It is a pain in the back in it is current state. Why can someone random with blue pressurize harder than a good purple user?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd

If you want to stop running forever, then add a chase mechanic. Otherwise just get good at dealing with shadow swinging.