I need to talk about Cyan...

Let me start by saying Im not an amazing duelist, Im rather meh by standards. I have been using Yellow and Red for years as I play, I am not a master, and Jedi is not my best class. But... I feel like I am going mad with this. Is Cyan not that strong, is it more balanced than I think? I strike and attack, and I get good combos in with yellow, but I just can't seem to win no matter how well I do. Now I do complain ever so often, mostly about wookies, and I do about cyan... and I list reasons for it, but people who main Cyan provide fine feedback/responses, and some rude ones. So I just need to know, are others feeling the pain in Cyan?

Thanks for the reply, if you guys do.

A currently suffering Tareth.

Cyan was and will be broken. After 1.4.5 everyone started to use it in open because it is strong and spammy. I literally have no idea why they are even in game( cyan and purple). In my opinion there should only be blue, yellow and red. They are pretty much balanced and easy to learn.

Reactions: SeV
Cyan isnt really that OP if you play it properly, like 1 hit then go back, time a halfswing and get acm, in fact this takes a lot of skill in footwork to dodge enemy attack's while you wait for the halfswing (ex:kael), but yeh, its really OP if you spam it, however, i dont think it is as op as Blue and Staff spam.

AaronAaron

Donator
Cyan isnt really that OP if you play it properly, like 1 hit then go back, time a halfswing and get acm, in fact this takes a lot of skill in footwork to dodge enemy attack's while you wait for the halfswing (ex:kael), but yeh, its really OP if you spam it, however, i dont think it is as op as Blue and Staff spam.
Yeah takes a lot of skill to tap M1 and run away. Very, very hard.

Well I understand that it takes some getting used to in order to beat it, and that is fine. But even using a tactic like avoiding them and then going in for a strike, half swing, combo in and knock over for more hits doesn't seem to do much. If I get pbed I feel like I lost tons of bp, and I dont know how but I keep getting interrupted and stunned (Like when you get red combo-ed) I do yearn for 1.8 almost...

Well I understand that it takes some getting used to in order to beat it, and that is fine. But even using a tactic like avoiding them and then going in for a strike, half swing, combo in and knock over for more hits doesn't seem to do much. If I get pbed I feel like I lost tons of bp, and I dont know how but I keep getting interrupted and stunned (Like when you get red combo-ed) I do yearn for 1.8 almost...

Spam the shit out of blue or staff, you will start to win eventually

k4far

Banned
Donator
Slap is the best method to stop cyan from overwhelming you.
Cyan loses it is value if opponent can not keep landing hits so try to dodge, shadow swing.

Dodging and shadow swinging is effective on all of the styles anyway. In Open there is no dueling fair and square, haha. Take a look at @noel 's guide.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
If the Cyan user spams half swings, use a combo against him.

If he shadow swings, rush him down.

If he combo spams, beat him with ACM management in single swings->half swings after his combo ends.

Cyan does very little damage, and you do far more damage against it, if you time your swings better than the opponent you'll win. Blue is much harder to deal with than cyan. (and the most OP styles are Staff/Purple)

Thank you for the advice, Ill take those under consideration as I deal with Cyan users from now on. I haven't had the best luck for now, also purple is slow as fuck so I have no problem trouncing.

Also, I have taken it upon myself to name the strongest blue style, Blush. This stands for Blue Rush.

cyan is what I was using in 1.4.4 with some success in duels (only been playing like 2-3 months) but I pretty much dropped it after .4.5 and looking at the numbers, its only going to be weaker once the saber style update is completely in.

slaps destroy cyan more now than it did before. I've picked up blue.

Cyan is only really a problem for me when its actually in someone a decent duelist's hands.

When they're a noob you can just slap the fuck out of them and win, but when they know how to swingblock with it it's definitely not very balanced. It's like a decent player with Cyan can beat any pro player with yellow for example. It sort of overestimates your ability compared to others if you see what I'm saying.

Blue/staff/purple are all definitely more of a concern when it comes to dueling for me. Though from what I've heard cyan is pretty dapper in Open but i never play it so idk.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Cyan is only really a problem for me when its actually in someone a decent duelist's hands.

When they're a noob you can just slap the F**k out of them and win, but when they know how to swingblock with it it's definitely not very balanced. It's like a decent player with Cyan can beat any pro player with yellow for example. It sort of overestimates your ability compared to others if you see what I'm saying.

Blue/staff/purple are all definitely more of a concern when it comes to dueling for me. Though from what I've heard cyan is pretty dapper in Open but i never play it so idk.

Cyan is hard to deal with if you aren't familiar with a combo meta and timing swings. Cyan/Blue will obviously receive far more complaints in this patch because since 1.4 everyone has been playing a PB-Counter meta with single swings. Now that timing is required, the faster styles will require more precise timing to beat, which most people cannot muster.

Cyan is slightly stronger than yellow, but it isn't a guaranteed win. You still need to be better than your opponent to win with cyan, or atleast your opponent needs to not know how to deal with it. I've fought a number of high level saberists who used cyan against me, and after a short time I simply adapted to their style and defeated them.

Blue, is actually somewhat difficult to deal with in the right hands (But so is any style). Fighting blue requires a bit of guessing, and extremely precise timing. However it isn't unbeatable either.

Staff is actually overpowered, and is quite lethal to any style due to the combination of speed and damage it has. It is almost as fast as cyan, and does yellow damage. The only drawback of Staff is that it has the worst range of any style in the game.

Purple is nightmarishly overpowered in the right hands. It deals insane damage, has very good range, excellent half swings, and it is rather difficult to PB purple yaws. Purple can build max ACM and begin doing insane damage off of combo-trades extremely quickly. All you need to know how to do to become nearly unbeatable with purple, is how to PB consistently, and swingblock full combos.

Cyan is hard to deal with if you aren't familiar with a combo meta and timing swings. Cyan/Blue will obviously receive far more complaints in this patch because since 1.4 everyone has been playing a PB-Counter meta with single swings. Now that timing is required, the faster styles will require more precise timing to beat, which most people cannot muster.
you have the divine ability to be elitist in everything that you say

agree about purple though, just think cyan should be calmed down