•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Hud is still stretched out and disproportionate

So I did everything as usual to get widescreen and it is working fine, but I still have a noticeable issue. My hud is still stretched out. I went into setup and found an option called widescreen UI fix or something like that, but that doesn't appear to change anything. Anyone know how to fix this? The stretched hud is a little too distracting.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
IT FINALLY WORKS
Glad to see your issue is solved.

Making a summary of this thread for any other user reading this, I can say the following:
If you want to have nice, proportional HUD in widescreen, you...
  1. Can use Steam/jamp client, but only if your Jedi Academy installed to proper Steam subfolder.
  2. Can use jamp of stand-alone (no Steam) Jedi Academy.
  3. Can use jaMME, just like @ent mentioned before. Screenshot you can see below is made with jaMME.
  4. Cannot use MBII client/mbii.x86.exe. It ignores Widescreen UI option and it always displays HUD stretched.

b15e978ed6de.jpg

Last edited:
Uninstalled everything and then reinstalled jedi academy to the default Steam game directory. Downloaded the MBII Launcher and placed that in my GameData. Installed it like normal. I have JAMP client selected. Launch the game and make it 1920x1080. Enable Widescreen UI. Load up a match.

IT FINALLY WORKS

The HUD is all proportionate and scaled properly!
Thank you all for your help! Let it be known that if you have some odd, unsolvable issues like this through the Steam version, I highly recommend installing jedi academy through the main Steam game directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData) and using the JAMP client in the launcher (unless you would rather run it through Steam). Who knew that installing it on a different drive could cause such an odd problem.

I have done exactly this. Still doesn't work. I can't even join a server when opening with jamp because it gives me the "VM_Create on UI" error.

Edit: Now it works after turning off AMD Gaming Evolved app.

Last edited: