How to wallhack without a wallhack - 3rd option.

k4far

Banned
Donator
2ae1ed4a7c391.png

eceeee5ce1ea1.png

So, I was just jumping around testing a few binds (without any vile intentions, probably) and this happened.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I assume it can not be fixed, is it because of my little bigger cg_fov?

if you really wanted to fix this you'd have to apply textures to the back side of geometry, which is generally a complete waste of time because nobody should ever be seeing the back side of a wall anyways

k4far

Banned
Donator
Why not an invisible wall so you can not get high enough to see above the game.

you're asking them to make an invisible wall to stop you from wallclinging near ceilings which would not only nerf a very popular strat (jumping to cat) but also cause immense issues for anyone actually trying to play in that general area (read: mandos colliding with the wall, losing all velocity, and then getting shot to death)

k4far

Banned
Donator
I am thinking of federation room only, bet there is a lot of other places just not yet discovered. Anything would do, for now.

It might be a matter of milimeters, really thin wall would do. Changing things might not always break everything You know.

Last edited:

Antraxo

Donator
I don't think it's necessary to be honest.

Imagine how many maps and angles you would have to "fix" and how much work that would take also why would anyone take MB2 that serious.
I mean from my standpoint I pretty much play this to have a giggle not to stomp people since taking something like this so serious isn't good.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
There's not much that can be done about this beyond improving camera pathing code. It is also very likely that area portal culling might hide any players in the room visible like this so it is not 100% reliable.

Also worth noting there are much better and more useful ways of wallhacking for Jedi/Sith. Use the Force, dude! ;)