•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] How to run Movie Battles II on Windows Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running Windows Vista Home Basic by my old PC aged, and i need help to run Star Wars Movie Battles II thats supports Windows 7 and higher, my system is already updated Visual C redistribuitables, NET Framework 4.6 installed and the game is not running.

Windows Vista Home Basic SP2 x64

I'm already runned Movie Battles II in WIndows 7 and Windows 10.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
NET Framework 4.6 installed
You need .Net 3.5.
the game is not running.
"game is not running" isn't a valid way to ask for support, at any point.
Do some effort and provide valuable information: how exactly game "is not running"?
Any error messages? Quote all of them fully and entirely, with no skippings.
Post screenshots.
Write about all details of your problems, what exactly you're doing, how are you trying launching Movie Battles, and what exactly output you are getting.

You need .Net 3.5.

I had installed, installing again "repair".

Here is the error:
The procedure entry point SetThreadErrorMode could not be located in
the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

I had downloaded the 1.6.2.2 version but appears 1.6.2.1 on game, and 1.6.2.2 in the launcher.

Thank you for the attention.

So i'm donwloanding the 1.6.2 to 1.6.2.2 update, to try fix this...

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The procedure entry point SetThreadErrorMode could not be located in
the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
Wow, this isn't something that I expected. Pretty weird.
The function SetThreadErrorMode was introduced in Windows 7, it isn't available on both Vista and XP. And not very long time ago we had an incident with Movie Battles linked to some functions, and even whole libraries missing on XP and Vista.
But that incident was solved. I just checked, MBII works on my Windows XP perfectly fine.

Currently, Movie Battles itself isn't linked to SetThreadErrorMode directly, but it's linked via delay-load dll mechanics to discord API library, which is linked to SetThreadErrorMode. But Discord lib shouldn't be touched on unsupported platforms, so idk...
There is two the most likely versions:
  1. Devs somehow botched the way OS is getting checked for loading Discord dll on Vista specifically, but not on XP (not very likely)
  2. Somehow, your installation is broken, or it's just straight up 1.6.2 installed, not the most recent version (more likely).
I suggest you to go to MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

Then, make sure you don't have these three files: "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" in "Jedi Academy\GameData".
Those files can be inside "Jedi Academy\GameData\base" and "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII", that's normal, but NOT inside "Jedi Academy\GameData".
If there are any "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" in "Jedi Academy\GameData", delete them.

Then, make sure you absolutely, positively don't have double or triple installation of Jedi Academy and Movie Battles.
Make sure that the path in MBII Launcher => Settings => GameData path does point to your one and only Jedi Academy installation. Check that path meticulously.
Make sure you only starting up Movie Battles using MBII Launcher (MBIILauncher.exe), not by clicking any other .exe files, not by Jedi Academy mod menu.

Last edited:
Wow, this isn't something that I expected. Pretty weird.
The function SetThreadErrorMode was introduced in Windows 7, it isn't available on both Vista and XP. And not very long time ago we had an incident with Movie Battles linked to some functions, and even whole libraries missing on XP and Vista.
But that incident was solved. I just checked, MBII works on my Windows XP perfectly fine.

Currently, Movie Battles itself isn't linked to SetThreadErrorMode directly, but it's linked via delay-load dll mechanics to discord API library, which is linked to SetThreadErrorMode. But Discord lib shouldn't be touched on unsupported platforms, so idk...
There is two the most likely versions:

1. Devs somehow botched the way OS is getting checked for loading Discord dll on Vista specifically, but not on XP (not very likely)
  2. Somehow, your installation is broken, or it's just straight up 1.6.2 installed, not the most recent version (more likely).
I suggest you to go to MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

Then, make sure you don't have these three files: "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" in "Jedi Academy\GameData".
Those files can be inside "Jedi Academy\GameData\base" and "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII", that's normal, but NOT inside "Jedi Academy\GameData".
If there are any "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" in "Jedi Academy\GameData", delete them.

Then, make sure you absolutely, positively don't have double or triple installation of Jedi Academy and Movie Battles.
Make sure that the path in MBII Launcher => Settings => GameData path does point to your one and only Jedi Academy installation. Check that path meticulously.
Make sure you only starting up Movie Battles using MBII Launcher (MBIILauncher.exe), not by clicking any other .exe files, not by Jedi Academy mod menu.

Well i believe these small files of the game can solve the problem, because JKJA is runnable windows 2000 and XP.that all missing here.

I had updated to Windows 10 and now i having problem in OpenGL subsystem because ATI opengl needs some fixes;;

----- Client Initialization Complete -----
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Working directory: D:\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
failed
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Missing some files, peharps i will need another version of OpenAL32.dll abd OpenGL32.dll

If you have opengl32.dll in "Jedi Academy\GameData", remove it.

Back to work now, thats solved the game is using OpenAL32.dll instead Opengl32.dll and peharps some opengl.dll from the VGA card.

I had forgetted DirectX 9C June2010 on Windows Vista, nearby this only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.