How to Not Suck at Dueling: From a Bad Duelist

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8306

good guide for mid tier players stuck in a skill loop, hopefully it gets more fleshed out over time

2e4bc00b8f818482ec8aaeca7b3b9f42.png

halfswings dont hit instantly
c29a53cc026f17f2e91ec5a7e1a8c6d3.png

in case ur not memeing halfswings do more damage but dont hit instantly
OK but how do I halfswing in a combo as opposed to just doing a normal combo. Or rather how do I do halfswings in any way other than just using the same directional attack. Is it based on timing? I visually see no difference and always assumed that all the hits you do after the initial hit in a combo was halfswinging until someone told me it wasn't.

OK but how do I halfswing in a combo as opposed to just doing a normal combo. Or rather how do I do halfswings in any way other than just using the same directional attack. Is it based on timing? I visually see no difference and always assumed that all the hits you do after the initial hit in a combo was halfswinging until someone told me it wasn't.

Doing combo chains and halfswings is based on timing. If you hit training dummy with A swing you can see saber beam not stopping at the dummy but a bit after it. At that point you can press D to do A-D combo and so on. To do halfswing you have to wait until saber starts returning to your body. When saber beam is close to vertical you can do a halfswing.
Yellow has 4 swing limit in a chain. You start with normal swing and after it you can combo chain for 3 swings or do 3 halfswings or mix combo chains with halfswings. For example you can do A swing then do A halfswing which you combo chain with D swing and to finish your chain limit you do A halfswing. Swing that you do immediately after getting hit or doing PB starts as halfswing. Unlike combo chains halfswings swing direction is not restricted so you can do following halfswings from same zone or adjacent.
Hope that explains it.

Last edited:

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Could use some formatting makes me not want to read it given that it's just massive splurges of text

I wrote this in a fever dream at like 2 am after getting thrashed by Otter and doing like 4 hours of homework, and crunched this whole thing out before going to sleep, so excuse the literally nonexistent formatting. I'm adding gifs to make things more visually easier to understand and lessen the wordcount, and I guess I could throw in some screenshots just to add some color or something. Maybe I'll repost this somewhere with built-in video/gif embedding so you don't need to open new tabs to watch gifs and stuff, like in SeV's guide. I just don't wanna post the whole guide here because the forum limits me from being able to fit everything in one post, and burying it 25 posts deep seems wrong.

Anyone know where I can post this with full embed support? Or should I just scrap this thread and make a new one once the guide is done?

Doing combo chains and halfswings is based on timing. If you hit training dummy with A swing you can see saber beam not stopping at the dummy but a bit after it. At that point you can press D to do A-D combo and so on. To do halfswing you have to wait until saber starts returning to your body. When saber beam is close to vertical you can do a halfswing.
Yellow has 4 swing limit in a chain. You start with normal swing and after it you can combo chain for 3 swings or do 3 halfswings or mix combo chains with halfswings. For example you can do A swing then do A halfswing which you combo chain with D swing and to finish your chain limit you do A halfswing. Swing that you do immediately after getting hit or doing PB starts as halfswing. Unlike combo chains halfswings swing direction is not restricted so you can do following halfswings from same zone or adjacent.
Hope that explains it.
Thanks a bunch, this has been extremely helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.