How to eat face huggers for lunch?

I have an extremely hard time with face huggers? they are good at applying pressure I give them that. If I slap? They get up almost immediately and start slashing at me. If I try to evade? They chase me down. Heaven forbid you try and pb their attacks. Bp seems almost nonexistent even with ~blue saber defense 3~ and I'm trying to get better at disarming but face huggers are hard to practice against even then while it isn't, timing for disarm "seems" to be random. So any tips for the "spam blue m1 while practically kissing" individuals?

tl;dr how to prevent "free blue m1 spam hugs?"

Last edited:
I’m not that good at going on the offensive. I will get clapped if I try. I know this from trial and error. I mostly am forced to stay on the defensive because most people on duel servers are pretty good. (Why I’m trying to be better at disarming.) It’s why I’m most of the time discouraged from trying to “git gud” and just play with fists and maxed force. I wish they would add an offline training mode with an ai bot that throws saber attacks at you to practice with.

tl;dr I tried.

Tap into the dark side, what i tend to do if i want to beat someone bad enough i channel my hatred for that duelist, and block all their hits and doing full 4 hit combos, if they block them then switch up your combos and attacks to make them difficult to block, and you'll win everytime

Eazy E

Banned
Facehugging in itself is just a tactic not an entire playstyle (do they spam 4 hitters in facehug or use combo-chains? There's different ways to counter both of those).

Generally against 4 hit facehug spammers slap works well (unless they're swingblock gods but we'll get onto that). The problem I see with a lot of new players when it comes to slap is that they hesitate, never hesitate. As soon as the enemy is knocked down by the slap start swinging at them, if they use the W or S getups then chain together swingblocked single hits while they're getting up. If they use A or D then chase after them (literally chase/run) and spam 4 hitters until they get up (should be able to get 1 yellow 4 hit combo in by the time they are up on their feet).

As for those who have good swingblock it's all about PB really. OutPB them, if you have good timing this is a lot more effective as you will only need to PB the first hit and can use a counter combo to parry the rest of their attacks (this requires you to have just as good SB as them however). If you don't trust your timing DO NOT counter, losing BP from an interrupt far outweighs the potential benefits of counterparrying. Instead try to PB as many hits as possible and then once their combo/chain runs out return with your own combo/chain. If you want you can start getting distance while comboing them by yawing your hits and moving away from your opponent, however, against good facehuggers this isn't very effective. It will effectively be down to who PBs the best.

For those who use combo chains in facehug, PB and Counter spam is the best way to deal with them. It will force them to take the 4 hit spam approach where you do what I've written above or you will simply outdamage and eventually kill them UNLESS!
Unless they are good at PBing and countering themselves. If they can counter your counters and PB well then it isn't about tactics it's about pure skill whoever has the better timing/reflexes will win. I hope this helps.

I have an extremely hard time with face huggers? they are good at applying pressure I give them that. If I slap? They get up almost immediately and start slashing at me. If I try to evade? They chase me down. Heaven forbid you try and pb their attacks. Bp seems almost nonexistent even with ~blue saber defense 3~ and I'm trying to get better at disarming but face huggers are hard to practice against even then while it isn't, timing for disarm "seems" to be random. So any tips for the "spam blue m1 while practically kissing" individuals?

tl;dr how to prevent "free blue m1 spam hugs?"
Slap and good footwork.

Yeah this has been helping a lot. And over all now that I've stopped being so defensive I'm starting to see more and more fights won. :D