•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server How do I add a custom map(3rd party map) to a private server?

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. First of all, Thanks! I was able to create my own duel server by lurking on these forums over the past day or so. My brother and I are having a blast playing this but we are looking to add more duel maps. I found a really nice looking one made by Plasma called Supremacy but can't seem to get it added to my Server.cfg or even play it in-game.

I've tried adding the map to both the base folder and the MBII folder but the server just hangs and stops working after trying to change the map to it.

Also come to think of it, I can't add ANY duel map to my server.cfg file and have the server work. I first have to load a standard mb2 map then change map via console command to a mb2_duel map.

the bottom of my server.cfg doc looks like this

/ Map rotation:
set d1 "map mb2_dotf;set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "map mb2_commtower;set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "map mb2_tradefed;set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "map mb2_lunarbase;set nextmap vstr d5"
set d5 "map mb2_republiccruiser;set nextmap vstr d6"
set d6 "map mb2_jabba;set nextmap vstr d7"
set d7 "map mb2_jeditemple;set nextmap vstr d8"
set d8 "map mb2_tatooine;set nextmap vstr d9"
set d9 "map mb2_kamino;set nextmap vstr d1"

vstr d1 // Start the first map in the rotation

If I change any of those maps to a duel map the server just hangs on start. The server is definitely running on duel mode.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I found a really nice looking one made by Plasma called Supremacy but can't seem to get it added to my Server.cfg or even play it in-game.

This will be added to MB2 in the next release. The one on JKHub is the basejka version. The MB2 one needs different spawns (siege spawns) as well as a .siege file to work properly. All maps that you want to add need to have these two things to work properly.

Ah ok, didn't realize it needed spawns for duel. Good to know its being added to MB2 in the future though. I removed it from my map rotation in Server.cfg but I still can't add any official duel maps to the list for some reason.