Hello! Would you be so kind as to give a new player some tips?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I seem to be stuck in first person when I join a server. how do I change camera perspectives?
General hint: I recommend looking through all of the Controls in settings to see what-can-be-done in the game. Some controls are almost never used (like Inventory Next/Previous), and some controls are extremely important (like Class Special 1+2) but not bound to any key by default.

Also asking questions in-game as you play should usually get useful answers from people, or at least, if I'm in-game I almost always answer questions from newbies.

There's a whole bunch of just random little tidbits of knowledge that you'll pick up as you play, especially if you ask questions. Things like "How do I stop being on fire", "How do I avoid getting knocked down by Force Push," "What's the objective on this map," and such.

As for actual matters of strategy/tactics ("How to kill Jedi," etc), I strongly recommend observing high-scoring players and just paying close attention to what they do and asking yourself why they did what they did, and why it worked (or didn't work) for them.

I could go on for a really long time trying to explain certain finer details of extremely important mechanics like FP drains, IDR, the different "firing points" of different blasters, BP drains, and saber tech like chain swings, half swings, parrying, etc, but that would be extremely overwhelming and I think newbies need to be left to learn at their own pace. Just keep asking questions and keep exploring and try to avoid thinking you know everything, or anything. ;)

You're also welcome to add me on Steam and toss questions at me, since I'm extremely knowledgeable and also trying to get better at explaining things clearly and succinctly. :p

Last edited: