(GUIDE) How to install MBII on MAC

Hey guys I'll be showing you how to Install Movie Battles 2 Manually on MAC. This is how I got it to work for me so if there are any problems comment down below.

1. Download the Full version of Movie Battles II
    • If you are upgrading from the last version then get the upgrade download instead, otherwise you will need the full.
  2. Once all of the files are downloaded go inside the MovieBattlesII_FULL_(version).zip folder you will see the MBII folder, grab ONLY the MBII folder and place it in /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
    • If upgrading, follow the same steps with the upgrade .zip and make sure to overwrite existing files in the MBII folder when prompted.
  3. Once you finished those steps, since on MAC you cannot launch Movie Battles with the Launcher you are gonna want to download JKJALaunch from here. Open up JKJALaunch you are going to see "Locate Jedi Academy:" Your going to click "Choose" from there to find Jedi Academy your gonna want to go to /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam It will bring you to a page with a list of folders click "steamapps" than click "common" It will bring you a list of your games on steam click "Jedi Academy" and Jedi Academy will be right there. Click it for JKJALaunch. Give it a few seconds for JKJALaunch to view it.
  4. Once you did that the "Ok" button should be blue but we are not done yet you are going to see "Command Line Options" you are going to type in "+set fs_game MBII" (Without parentheses) This will allow JKJALaunch to launch Movie Battles right when you launch multiplayer.
  5. The final step is when you are ready you will click "Ok" Open up JKJALaunch again, it will say "Singleplayer" or "Multiplayer" you will click multiplayer hold down shift the first time and It will launch you straight in Movie Battles on MAC! Have fun! and do not forget to unpack the Movie Battles.zip file, comment down below any comments and I will get back to you! Enjoy the fun!
|INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU ARE UPGRADING TO A NEW MB2 PATCH|
Download the upgrade > unzip it > you will see a new MBII folder and in their it is just a couple files > go to that old MBII folder which you used and It had lots of files in > drag the new MBII assets in that old MBII folder > each time you drag one of them you will get a notification to replace or keep, press replace > press replace each time until their are no more files left in that new MBII upgrade then launch it how you usually would.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT: I am doing this on my phone lol and the latest version is currently 1.5.2 so if you have 1.5.1.1 download the .Upgrade you will find it in Service terms & Downloads ill edit it out later.

Last edited:
So when i play it everything loads correctly until i press join where it says "Insufficient client data", could you help me. if you need a picture of the setup i will send one,

ok

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 6.53.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 6.53.17 PM.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 735
Ok so i put it in there and the pk3's are still downloading

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 7.06.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 7.06.05 PM.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 736
yes i got the error, i was not able to download the zip. Could you (if your are able to) split it into two different things that i can combine after i download them?

----------

OH NEVERMIND I GOT IT

----------

WO HO its downloaded :D

----------

Is this good?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 3.12.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 3.12.18 PM.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 652
Last edited by a moderator: