Grappling gun/hook?

Hello MB2 Devs, can I request grapple to be redesigned and added into open? My reasoning to this (just hear me out) ((and idk if its possible for the devs to recode a grapple)) but just an idea...With Mandolorian, having the jetpack makes it somewhat overpowered in its own way, as there are lots of players who can't get to certain points on the map that Mandalorians can, aside from Force users... If an ability like a newly designed grapple was given to some of the classes such as ET, ARC, Mandolorian, Solider, Bounty Hunter, Hero then I really think it could better the experience of MB2, or at least change it a little bit, especially on maps such as Bob Billy's new one, the Mandalorian class is ridiculously overpowered compared to most of the classes, a grapple would make all classes somewhat 'fair', especially on big, tall, open building maps such as Courscant chase

It makes a lot of sense since in The Phantom Menace they use grappling guns (literally the ET's on DOTF lol) to get out of a tricky situation

It could also be used as a very interesting game-changing mechanic in dire situations, just like the jetpack

Not only do I think it makes canon sense, but (I know Fortnite is shit but hear me out) they added some Spiderman swinging gloves in a recent season and it's become a game changer, as now players are able to counter the pro builders just by using simple mechanics, Spiderman Swinging, it evens the gameplay lot and I think if it was in MB2 (or some newly designed grapple) ((gun grapple?)) it would make many classes be able to easily compete with how OP Mando can be, I'm not suggesting remaking Fortnite's webshooter/grapple as its way too fast for MB2/Starwars gameplay, but having something similar in mind to the grapple guns that are in the Phantom Menace could really work well, especially if players can spend like 15points choosing the grapple or (maybe grenades or another armor/ammo)

LASTLY, MB2 WAS THE FIRST GAME TO HAVE SPIDERMAN ONLINE WHERE U CAN SWING AROUND AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS SO U SHOULD CAPITALIZE ON THIS AND DO MORE WITH IT PLS ;_; (ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN?????)

Have a good day
aaaaaa.PNG

Bud

I was thinking about this exact thing, though there would need to be a longer cooldown than what we have in FA.

I was thinking about this exact thing, though there would need to be a longer cooldown than what we have in FA.
Precisely, even if it had like a 10-15 second cooldown after use, it would make sense and couldn't be abused (or maybe even limit the grappling to only 3-4 per life)

@ Dra-Gon pls ;( my MB3 friend give me the CD already.

I like this idea, although IMO ARCs are already a better class than Mandolorians so I don't think ARCs should get a grapple. It makes sense for Mando's to get grapple as an alternative to jetpacks, and if any Reb class is to get grapple, I think it would make the most sense to give it to either Reb Commander or Hero. If it is given to Reb Commander it should be expensive point wise, so depending on how it's balanced you may have to sacrifice reinforcements to get it. It would be fun to recreate some classic moments, like Hero Luke swinging accross the bridge gap on Deathstar. It also reminds me of the Star Wars lego games. As long as they balance it right it would be a very fun addition, it's hard to make grapple hooks not fun, and I know MB2 already has a pretty fun grapple hook mechanic.

They don't want to make the game fun

Just play halo infinite. They have grapple hooks. U can use it 5 times once you pick it up after every 4 second cooldown, and you can do cooler things with it mbii would never allow you to do

Just play halo infinite. They have grapple hooks. U can use it 5 times once you pick it up after every 4 second cooldown, and you can do cooler things with it mbii would never allow you to do
Halo doesn't have player-driven community servers tho, its all matchmaking which is just with randoms so meh

I tried the Halo franchise, couldn't get into it though. I didn't like the weapon spawning mechanic, the vehicles, the floaty movement, the sound design, the extremely aggressive aim assist for melee, and the map layout in general. It has some cool guns and a nice TTK, but after all my friends highly reccomended the Halo games I just found them incredibly over hyped. If Crysis 2 multiplayer online was still alive, I'd recommend Halo players try that game instead. Too bad Crysis 3 flubbed the balance and split the community, so now MB2 is my game of choice.

I tried the Halo franchise, couldn't get into it though. I didn't like the weapon spawning mechanic, the vehicles, the floaty movement, the sound design, the extremely aggressive aim assist for melee, and the map layout in general. It has some cool guns and a nice TTK, but after all my friends highly reccomended the Halo games I just found them incredibly over hyped. If Crysis 2 multiplayer online was still alive, I'd recommend Halo players try that game instead. Too bad Crysis 3 flubbed the balance and split the community, so now MB2 is my game of choice.
dont play halo with controller and only stick to Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo Infinite for multiplayer.

at the end of the day tho, halo is for a certain type of shooter player who wants to have a map knowledge and game mechanic knowledge advantage over every other player so that it then becomes fun for them.
if you're not like at least a certain level of aptitude at killing players in halo then it just wont ever be fun since people can easily reload cancel, frag your spawn, frag the best corner that you love to hold, and just overall dominate you and the weapon/vehicle spawn points. (not to mention controller players getting assisted headshots for 0 effort)

since halo has been around since before mb2 and since its a much bigger franchise wouldnt you expect it to be at least a little hardcore in multiplayer? i find it incredibly fun tho, especially if youre on teamspeak or discord or some shit with friends

Halo doesn't have player-driven community servers tho, its all matchmaking which is just with randoms so meh

The master cheif collection after like two years added a custom game browser just like movie battles II has. Once infinite came out the pop dropped but like 600 or 700 ppl still playing reach daily. The best part of it you could make your own custom maps and people would join it. I made a few maps and had full lobbies all the time but people didn't join as often now since infinite is out, but sometime this year halo infinite will release forge mode which is unlike any forge they ever done. You will literally be able to make a map just like the devs do, and there will be scripts coding you will be able to do as well like having walls explode at certain times or doors open, environment chaining etc + make any object from scratch. Add that with the custom game browser they will add as well later this year and you probably won't play any other game lol. They plan to make infinite last 15 years before they move to the next project which I highly suspect they are going to do an MMO fps like planetside 2, which will be godsend.

dont play halo with controller and only stick to Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo Infinite for multiplayer.

at the end of the day tho, halo is for a certain type of shooter player who wants to have a map knowledge and game mechanic knowledge advantage over every other player so that it then becomes fun for them.
if you're not like at least a certain level of aptitude at killing players in halo then it just wont ever be fun since people can easily reload cancel, frag your spawn, frag the best corner that you love to hold, and just overall dominate you and the weapon/vehicle spawn points. (not to mention controller players getting assisted headshots for 0 effort)

since halo has been around since before mb2 and since its a much bigger franchise wouldnt you expect it to be at least a little hardcore in multiplayer? i find it incredibly fun tho, especially if youre on teamspeak or discord or some shit with friends
Halo: Reach was the Halo multiplayer I tried out the most. And I've never played with a controller. And I have no issue with games being hardcore. I just didn't find the game interesting. It to me feels like dated game design in a bad way. The reason I dislike weapon spawns is not because sweats know how to camp the spawns, the reason I dislike weapon spawns is because it lowers diversity in gameplay by locking the game's already small weapon selection behind an arbitrary barrier. Weapon spawns means you get less choice for your starting weapons, and you have less chance of running into someone with a unique weapon, it's just incredibly boring. I didn't mind Crysis 3's alien weapon spawning because Crysis 3 also had enough diversity in starting weapons. Halo just feels half-baked when half the fights play out the exact same way.

It's also interesting to me how a lot of the friends who praised Halo:Reach's multiplayer, the people who convinced me to buy MCC, ended up never playing it much. We played it a lot after launch, but after a week all my friends like forgot the game even existed. To me it feels like a game that everyone loves from their childhood, but doesn't actually hold up that well on it's own merit.

Last edited: