•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Graphical Glitch?

The game boots up fine and loads the main menu but no text other than the buttons for setup and whatnot shows up. I can't change any of the options as I can't see what I'm doing, like screen resolution... Jedi Knight works fine, it's only the mod that's screwed up.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Did you just finish downloading around 7:30 today? If yes, I'd suggest redownloading MBII. LoU was doing something and it went down, so it may have corrupted a file here or there that the file integrity check isn't picking up.

I had first downloaded it a month or two ago and couldn't fix it, I just updated it just now and it was still messed up. I think I might have had this problem years ago but don't remember how I fixed it. I just got the Star Wars itch again like everyone else and just had to play this again. The vanilla game just didn't cut it for me back in the day... I added 2 screens of what it looks like.
mbii.x86_2016_01_17_00_15_47_882.png
mbii.x86_2016_01_17_00_15_52_142.png

mkl

Did you just finish downloading around 7:30 today? If yes, I'd suggest redownloading MBII. LoU was doing something and it went down, so it may have corrupted a file here or there that the file integrity check isn't picking up.
FFFFFFFFFFF-

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
What is your OS? Graphic card? Intel intergrated, isn't? What is computer, notebook, isn't?

Run MBII Launcher, click Settings, check "Enable logging", click "Repair installation".
Zip "Program Files\JediAcademy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" directory.
Upload archive to this thread, or just post latest log.

Another thing I want you to do:
  1. Create new shortcut for Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe.
  2. Right-click on this new shortcut, "Propertires", add to "Target" field, just after jasp.exe (space required):
    Code:
     +set logfile 3
    , OK.
  3. Launch that shortcut, single-player JA should start.
  4. Play Jedi Academy, making sure everything works fine.
  5. Upload file "Jedi Academy\GameData\base\qconsole.log" to this thread.
  6. Create new shortcut for Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe.
  7. Right-click on this new shortcut, "Propertires", add to "Target" field, just after jamp.exe (space required):
    Code:
     +set logfile 3 +set fs_game "MBII"
    , OK.
  8. Launch that shortcut.
  9. Quit Movie Battles.
  10. Upload file "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\qconsole.log" to this thread.
  11. Create new shortcut for Jedi Academy\GameData\mbii.x86.exe
  12. Repeat steps 7-9.
  13. Upload file "My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\qconsole.log" to this thread.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Gathered up all the logs. I'm running Windows 10, a 3930k and a 980ti.
Logs show you didn't actually repaired your installation. Please repair it and post logs.
o_O Jedi Outcast? But Movie Battles is Jedi Academy mod! If you really installed Jedi Outcast, you need to install Jedi Academy.

Last edited: