Give back White Sabers

Apparently white sabers are for devs only, which is a total joke because everyone knows that devs don't play this shit lol

Even if they do, they never use it, so why not let the players use it? The only time I've seen a white saber in the past 3 years is when players got to use the command to have it. An extra cosmetic thing never hurt anybody. White sabers ARE canon now as well if that's an issue to anyone. If you really want devs to be recognized, then maybe have a tag or prefix before their name that says "[DEV]" or somethin? Regardless, give us white sabers, I've yet to hear a genuinely good argument as to why we can't have them (or at least an argument that can't be easily solved.)

also bring back classic dotf

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I work on things I want to work on. That simple.

I'm not asking people to not say anything. I am asking them to stop bothering me every 1-3 days like they are currently doing. I got it, i got what you want. Badgering me just makes me want to work on other things i'd rather work on rather than what you guys want me to work on. You aren't paying me.

I would gladly like to work on things you guys like, but I have things like tutorials and stuff that I value higher, and I am going to focus my time on that instead of something people harass me, flame me, etc about.

Last edited:
Is jedi/Sith having any saber color in duel mode possible? So basically Jedi can have red and Sith can have RGB. @Defiant That is a dream.

Is jedi/Sith having any saber color in duel mode possible? So basically Jedi can have red and Sith can have RGB. @Defiant That is a dream.
It's been/being worked on by Tempest, was mentioned sometime around March/June maybe. I'd have to assume it needs testing and implementing

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
It's possible but currently with how things are setup with the UI, a hacky solution. Might be more cleanly feasible after all the work on the UI that's been going on, however.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Man I hated that period of white sabers, just bunch of unique snowflakes begging for attention. It didnt do anything else but annoy me when I mixed up a jedi for sith and vice versa.
If they are to come back, I'd love to see them be accessible to all. Lock it to Jedi and give Sith access to the black saber.

The saber color selection UI would need to be tweaked somehow to accomodate this feature, but maybe that could be arranged? I see no problem with the feature being put in if there's someone interested in working on it.

If a dev wants to verify their status, it should be something like an unfakeable icon next to their name in chat or the scoreboard. I think it would be unfair to reserve a cool cosmetic just for devs.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
They should be available through an achievement : "Killing 100.000 Sith/Jedi" , Good luck :cool:

ok so this thread is basically:
-Add white sabers because we had it in the past for everyone (so they can be special)
-Add old DOTF because they had it back when they started playing the mod
watch career with no interest.png

Welcome to the MB2 forums where every single thread turns into a "bring back classic DOTF" thread

Azuvector

Movie Battles II Team Retired
If they are to come back, I'd love to see them be accessible to all. Lock it to Jedi and give Sith access to the black saber.

The saber color selection UI would need to be tweaked somehow to accomodate this feature, but maybe that could be arranged? I see no problem with the feature being put in if there's someone interested in working on it.

If a dev wants to verify their status, it should be something like an unfakeable icon next to their name in chat or the scoreboard. I think it would be unfair to reserve a cool cosmetic just for devs.

I tend to agree, this(icons) is the better way of doing it. White sabers were originally implemented more to see if I could. (And maybe some egotistical special snowflake stuff.)

Last edited:
Doesnt really matter anyways, defiant pretty much shut the idea down for no good reason lol

Doesnt really matter anyways, defiant pretty much shut the idea down for no good reason lol
Defaint pretty much shut the idea down because there's a lot of things that needs to be done and white saber isn't one of them

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
I suspect white saber complaints will evaporate once next patch releases, only because there will be much more interesting things to focus on XD