•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Getting Kicked as soon as I join a server

So, I just downloaded and installed the mod for the first time in a long while.

I used the direct download for windows and everything seemed to be going ok, but when I try to enter a server, I immediately get kicked from it for reasons unknown. Doesn't matter if there are people in the server or not, whether its an open or duel server, or even if my virus protection is on or not. No idea what I'm missing here.

Can anyone help?

k4far

Banned
Donator
I see a lot of Padawans kicked out of game because they have closed the launcher upon starting the Movie Battles.
I did that as well at first. Launcher probably works as anti-cheat thus playing without is impossible annoying but...

The other thing that comes up to my mind might be that you have not installed the patch 1.01 for Jedi Academy and you are getting removed out of multiplayer games because of that. We could use a quote from the "error" you are facing. As you get kicked there is always some message you have to close to try again, right?

I guess there should be an error message.
I hope you're not assuming we can just guess it, so please quote it or post a screenshot.
Yeah there is an error message. something about leaving the launcher open while i play, which i do.
However i found another thread with the exact same problem im having.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
leaving the launcher open while i play, which i do.
  1. There is no reliable solution for this problem so far.
    Different things work for different people, but basically it's just random. Very sad :(
  2. Keep MBII Launcher opened all the time you play Movie Battles.
    It's needed because of anti-cheating system built-in in Launcher.
  3. Move MBIILauncher.exe to "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  4. Use full-screen mode and native screen resolution
  5. If you have Steam version of Jedi Academy and it isn't installed in default Steam folder, move it to default Steam folder.
  6. Make sure MBII Launcher isn't blocked by a firewall.
    If you have a firewall (Kaspersky, NOD, Agnitum Outpost...), add MBIILauncher.exe to white list.
  7. Switch a game engine to another one:
    MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.
    If you already use MBII Client, select jamp.
  8. Restart Movie Battles and Launcher repeatedly
The other thing that comes up to my mind might be that you have not installed the patch 1.01 for Jedi Academy and you are getting removed out of multiplayer games because of that.
No, when JA isn't patched it's impossible to connect servers at all:
Server list is empty, and game crashes when you try opening a console.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
The solution is simple. The problem is inside launcher's source code.
If you just installed MBII and started it without restarting launcher, it won't serve as anticheat until it's restarted. It's getting fixed when I get to coding the launcher.

To sum up: restart launcher after installing mb2.

So, I just downloaded and installed the mod for the first time in a long while.

I used the direct download for windows and everything seemed to be going ok, but when I try to enter a server, I immediately get kicked from it for reasons unknown. Doesn't matter if there are people in the server or not, whether its an open or duel server, or even if my virus protection is on or not. No idea what I'm missing here.

Can anyone help?
Same thing happend to me. Like @Helix said : the problem is inside launcher's code. By the way you are very good dueler for a new player :). See ya'round.