•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Getting booted out of servers

I keep getting booted out of servers and it keeps saying "Run MBII through the launcher" and that's what I am doing. I dont understand and need assistance.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Idea #1 - Try again a couple times. I think sometimes this glitch just kind of happens the first couple times and then stops? Maybe I misremembered.

Idea #2: A Better Idea - If you're running through Steam, make sure your Jedi Academy installation is in the default/first Steam library, and not some other location like an external hard drive.

Oddlewad, it's not a glitch and I don't have the game on an external harddrive. It kicked me out like 5 times just now and said "please use the launcher and keep running it." Something's really wrong with this mod. The game is in my GameData folder.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I think.. you don't know what "glitch" means. ...?

Do you have the Steam Integration box checked in the launcher settings?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I keep getting booted out of servers and it keeps saying "Run MBII through the launcher" and that's what I am doing.
I hope you understand that you have to keep Launcher running all the time, not just start MBII and then close it.
The game is in my GameData folder.
Yes, the game is, but where MBIILauncher.exe is?
It should be in GameData, too.

Anyway, we've got numerous reports that people get kicked from servers despite the fact they have Launcher running, and still there is no straightforward solution yet :(.
But sometimes this works, try it:
MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Look closely at the Settings section of the launcher, with your eyes, inch-by-inch. You'll find it.

it's grayed-out unless you have Steam Integration off, and it lets you choose between:
- Original Jedi Academy engine. (JAMP)
- An engine based on OpenJK, an open-source update made after the Jedi Academy source was released. (MB2 Client)

The MB2 Client has its own unfortunate quirks. Minimap arrows are all the same color instead of distinguishing between allies and enemies, and the HUD is stretched in widescreen. I don't think there's any real reason to use MB2 Client except if it happens to just run better on your computer. It might.